My Quarterback - 9

I dedicated this to @saminaassia because she left one of my best comments I've received on this story last chapter! So I wanted to thank her for that! It was really sweet and definitely made my day, so thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

My Quarterback - 9

Ellie Nichols

Asher's hand was clasped around mine as we made our way towards the fraternity house where there was party was being held. You could feel the music thumping and the occasional scream from a girl who I can imagine had just been pushed into the big pool in the back yard. The house was big and would easily fit everyone it needed to. There was already red cups littered along the ground and thrown around the house. Empty beer bottles sat everywhere and the majority of the people dancing were just grinding.

We made our way through the crowded living room and into the kitchen where there were girls lying practically naked on the tables and doing body shots. There was a D.J. set up outside along with two kegs and a bonfire. I could see a table set up for beer pong which had a whole group of people surrounding it.

Asher led me towards the keg and poured us each a cup of beer before retreating into the kitchen where he stopped to talk to some of the football players. Colton and his date had yet to show up but he hadn't talked to me - let alone look at me - since the game ended. Before the game I had asked who he got to wear his jersey but he just shrugged and told me I would meet her at the celebration party as if he knew they were going to win.

"I'll be right back," Asher told me as he let go of my hand and followed his football buddies into a different room. I didn't know what they were doing but frankly I didn't care.

I walked back outside and leant up against the railing, taking a sip of my beer. I stared out at the backyard which held many people dancing and others hanging around by the pool. There were only a few people swimming and by the looks of it they didn't get into the pool willingly.

I continued to people watch as I stood alone. I had only been to a couple parties before and I was always accompanied by Colton and Nick. They would never leave my side and if one of them did, the other would be glued to me, not letting me out of their sights.

"Ellie right?" An unfamiliar voice rang out to my left. I turned to see one of the boys on the football team. I didn't know his name but I had seen him a couple times in the locker room before and after practices.  

"That's right, sorry what's your name?" I asked him.

"I'm Travis, I'm on the football team." He told me. "I'm a freshman so I don't get any starting time but I'm hoping for a position next year."

"It's nice to meet you, is there something you wanted?"

"Actually I was told to tell you something." He said to me, "Asher wanted me to tell you that he had to leave, there was an emergency and he had to go take care of something."

I stared a the freshman in front of me, my mouth slightly open and I didn't know what to say. Asher was my ride, how was I going to get home now? I just took a deep breath and nodded my head, "Alright, thanks for letting me know."

"And just so you know," He started taking a step closer to me, "I think Asher really likes you, I don't think he would leave you here alone if it wasn't an emergency." He gave me a kind smile and I returned it.