'Letter'

The hammering of a fist against the door feels like a nail being pounded into my head.

Once, twice, three times, I let out a long, annoyed breath and bear it while pressing my eyelids shut, fervently hoping whoever it is to just go away.

I feel pretty damn awful. My face feels like it's cast out of lead, my arms feel heavy, and I feel very queasy. It's been like this since I woke up half an ago, and I can't summon the energy to pick myself up out of bed.

This is what they call a 'hangover'....

Looking to my clock, the time when I really should think about getting a shower, dressed and ready for class is approaching, I don't think I can manage it, though.

Looks like we're gonna have to pull through....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stride into the classroom doing my best to appear normal.

The instant I open the door and take single step in, I can feel roughly a couple dozen eyes looking at me. There is no way I'm imagining this; they're not even making any attempt to hide it.

My eyes take a quick sweep around the classroom, and I spot Serena. We make eye contact momentarily before she looks down and stares very hard at her desk.

Did she spill the beans? Sycamore may be okay as far as teachers go, but underage drinking on campus is not exactly something that would be taken lightly.

"Feeling better today?" Sycamore smiles at me.

"Yeah. Thank you." I nod at him.

He motions for me to take my seat, my legs feeling like sticks as they carry me there. This is going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the lunchbell rings, I'm on my way to Serena's desk to ask her what's going on.

"Serena...did you tell...?" 

She looks up at me and shakes her head. That's a big relief.

"It's just..." She trails off.

"Just...?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well! Hello! It's nice to see you today~!" May screams down my ear causing me to jump.

"Hi....May, Bianca. You...uh...look happy to see me." I sweatdrop.

"You ignored us this morning~!" May's expression changes to an angry one.

"Oh...the knocking that lasted for almost an hour. That was you two?" I roll my eyes.

Bianca nods as she reaches into her pocket.

Something white and yellow can be seen sticking out a little, and as she pulls it out, it turns out to be an envelope with very bright decorations on it.

Since she points it towards me, I duly take it.

My eyes register what's written on the envelope.

"M-Misty....." I say in shock.

I stare at the envelope for a moment, before suddenly remembering that there are people are people around me.

I kind of want to be alone right now.

"Misty?" Serena says.

"A-I-It's nothing. Thanks for bringing me this, you two" I say to May and Bianca.

"I should think so, after what we went through to get it to you~!." May laughs.

I step back. May theatrically pouts even as I go out the door, but Serena remains very visibly curious about my reaction. I hope she won't interrogate me on this later.