'Birthday Party'

The day of Serena's birthday party is here, I'm nervous if I'm honest with myself, less of the thoughts I'm outside Dawn's door, time to knock.

With that in mind, I knock on the door next to Serena's.

"Ashy?" I hear Dawn shout, I hate that name.

"The one and only" I reply.

The door opens, the sight is...a little underwhelming for a birthday party.

Serena returns to her seat at the table with a quick smile and a nod, leaving me to close and, assuming they wanted it to be kept that way, lock the door.

As I do so, I realize that the scene before me is that of an evening tea party, just like any other between the two. Somehow, I don't think I should be surprised.

To my relief, Serena looks relatively calm. The break from class has probably done her good, and given her time to wind down a bit.

I take a seat between the two at the low table in the centre of Dawn's room, the brightly-coloured teapot steaming away between us.

"Hey, Dawn?" 

Dawn finishes off the teacup raised to her lips before setting it down and giving me her attention.

"Yee?" She smiles.

"The bag?" I raise an eyebrow, she has a bag to her side.

She pauses for a moment, then gives a slightly cheeky smile.

"That would be Megan's present. Unfortunately, she said she was working and can't join us." Dawn says.

Who's Megan?

"She's my sister" Dawn answers me, she must be able to read my mind.

Dawn leans over and feels out the item inside before raising her arm.

I raise an eyebrow as two items, not one, rise from the bag. The glass necks are grasped by Dawn on either side of her middle finger. So this is why she had her door locked.

"Wine?..." Serena says.

There are two small thuds as the bottles are brought to rest on the table; one red, one white. I want to believe that it's fake, non-alcoholic wine, but if it was, there wouldn't be any need to be this circumspect.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I chuckle slightly.

Dawn smirks and giggles.

"A little won't hurt" She says.

"Well, in that case, I won't complain. They don't look bad, either" I scratch my nose.

Going by Serena's expression, she's thinking the same, and it's her birthday anyway.

"Shall I open one?" Dawn asks.

"Sure. I'll get some-"

My heart skips as I hear three sharp bangs coming from Dawn's door. Serena's head flicks around, and Dawn's eyes close as she listens intently. None of us want to be busted for this.

"Who is it?" Dawn shouts.

"Lemme in, I'm cold!" I hear a female voice shout.

She lets out a resigned sigh before motioning for Serena to open the door.

She obediently gets up and fusses with her gown before moving, apparently still not quite sure of who it is, but trusting enough in Dawn to do as she requests.

I can just see a blunnete, dark-suited figure become visible over Serena's shoulder as she opens the door.

"Happy Birthday, Serena" I hear the person say.