'Cute? Yeah, She Was.'

...

This is... not what I was expecting.

I mindlessly let the door open to its full extent, taking in the sight of the solitary figure taking center stage in the otherwise abandoned room.

The situation steals my voice, leaving me standing at the doorway staring at the girl.

Evidently having taken her time to assess the situation, the girl gently puts down her teacup and opens her eyes, but doesn't look at me?

"Hello there. May I help you?" She said, with her blue eyes opening.

She started directly in front of herself, the movements of her lips seem to break the silence rather than words.

However it's the soft, measure voice that reminds me she's a being separate from the room itself.

She had an accent, I couldn't tell what it was though. I wanted to say Alolan? Hm, maybe not?

"Uh, hi. Sorry for intruding, I was just....kind of lost." I sweatdropped.

"Care to take a seat?" She still looks in front of her.

Although that was unexpected because I'm intruding upon her, I decided to sit down.

"Ummmm.....Thanks." I smiled at her, but she showed no attention to my smile.

Blind, the slight cloudiness to her eyes means she must be at least partially blind, like Gary.

The calming atmosphere is so very different from the student council office.

"I take it you're a new student to Vaniville?" The blue haired girl said.

"You bet, I just transferred in yesterday!" I smiled brightly, but then remembered she's blind.

"I'm Dawn. Pleased to meet you...I come from Sinnoh" Dawn said.

I guess that's where the accent is from.

"Ketchum. Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town back in Kanto"

She gives a nod before gesturing roughly in the direction of her teacup.

"Would you care for a drink?" Dawn asks.

"Sure" I don't see any harm in staying for a drink.

She gives a kind nod, taking the request in stride.

Without another word, she steps off the chair and prepares a second cup of tea from a collection of supplies laid out along a shelf.

A brush here, a brush there, her left hand often lightly touching the side of whichever container she's pouring into...it seems to be a process she's followed dozens of times before.

As I lean sideways to see around her back, she seems to use her long, dainty finger to measure the right amount of water in the cup.

It's one thing to see the different disabilities the students in my class have, but it's quite another to see how everyone seem to adapt.

Bianca and May have no problem working together to communicate to me, and Lilly herself seems to have workarounds for problems I'd never thought of.

While I feel slightly guilty about her doing the work, she seems  pleased to be following the 'correct' process of the offerer preparing the drink.

"So," Dawn speaks up.

Her voice brings me out of my silent observance.

"Which room were you looking for? It's not often this classroom is visited after school." She continues doing her thing.