{Chapter 1} Auditioning for YG Entertainment

''But what if I'm not good enough...??'' I said and earned a smack on the back of my neck from my older sister, who came to support me on my audition.

 The day has finally come and it's time for my audition in YG entertainment. I love rapping and dancing and although I am self-taught in both, I feel like I am quite good at both.

 Ever since I moved to Korea with my family from New York it was my dream to become a kpop idol and collaborate with many amazing artists such as Block B, iKON, EXID and many more and what would be a better choice than audition in YG entertainment a company who's main ellements are rapping and dancing?

''Number 226 is next'' a female voice announced. Looking at my number I realized she was calling me. Well it's now or never... I took a deep breath and entered the room.

''Hello'' I said and did a 90 degree bow to them. The judges all had a stern look on their face which made me really nervous... ''What is your name?'' a man asked me that appeared to be YG himself! ''My name is Jihye, nice to meet you sir.'' I said... wow they seem really tough...

''How old are you JiHye?''

''I am 18 years old sir''

''And why did you decide to audition here today?''

Is this a job interview? I'm confused....

''I've been wanting to become a kpop idol ever since I was little and I've been practicing dancing and rapping by myself since then so I finally decided to audition here. I love and appreciate all YG's artists and it would be an honor for me to become a member of the YG Family one day.''

was that too cheesy?

''Great'' he said, looking like he wasn't moved at all from my words

''What are you going to show us today?'' he asked with a stern voice.

''I am going to rap to HyunA's and LE's sunbaenims song, Blacklist'' I nervously said.

''So you admire all YG artists but you are going to show us a song not by a YG artist?''

my heart started beating 100 times faster when these words came out of his mouth. He saw my reaction and laughed.

''I'm just kidding. You may start now'' the man said. I stood in the middle of the room waiting for the music to play and for my rap to start. ''da geueobeoryeo da geueobeoryeo ssak da geueobeoryeo neo neo neo neo...''

I lost myself on the rap and compretely forgot about everyone else on the room for a moment. Soon tho, I was snapped back to reality from small sounds of clapping coming from the men in front of me. They all looked at me with wide eyes which made me slightly scared. Is that good or bad...?

''Your audition was not bad. The only thing that you need to work harder is your flow when you sing, you were off-key in some parts'' 

''Your rapping was stable and it definetally fits the YG style, and about your dancing you need to work harder on it, but since you are self-taugh and haven't actually had classes before I will go easy on it.''

well sh*t...

''I am willing to work extra hard on it sir! I will keep trying my best to improve!''

''Good. In this company you need to give more than your 100% if you want to debut as an artist here.'' ''You may go now, we will contact you next week to inform you about your results. Good luck.''

These were his last words before whispering something to the man next to him, and then the lady showing me the exit. I bowed to them one last time, saying thank you and exiting the door running and hugging my sister who was standing outside waiting for me to tell her what happened.

After telling her everything that happened in there and all the things the judges told me she suggested to go on a café and chat, before heading straight home. And we did.

It was 9 pm when we left the café and started heading home. I was so tired that my feet were giving up on me and my stomach was tied up in a knot, not from the tiredness but mostly from the nervousness of whether I did good or bad and what will the results be of my audition... I couldn't get my mind off of that and I barely got any sleep that night...

~ • ~ • ~

A/N:
I finally published this! Hope you guys like it and pls don't forget to vote!😘
Sorry this is a really small chapter I'll try making the others bigger :)

Btw who is your IKON bias? (Mine's Bobby)