Chapter 19

"Stay here! Sonic and Shadow have dealt with this before!" Rouge shouted as she flew off towards the noise.

Shadow stopped her quickly, "That was different Rouge! We had Silver and were all in Super forms!" He thought a moment while Rouge stomped her foot in frustration. Shadow thought of the only other hedgehog who could possible be strong enough.

"Damn it! I can't do it!" He shouted to the sky. Rouge placed a hand on her hip and sighed.

"You might have to Shadow. Fight as a family, use your love to win!" Her turquoise eyes hardened with determination. She pointed at Eggman's base where they left the kids. Shadow crossed his arms and closed his eyes for a moment. He finally nodded and sped off for Light.

"Light!" She looked up quickly. They had all gathered around Knuckles, who was still unconscious. At this point, it looked critical. Eggman had disappeared with Robo Buck a few minutes ago. Rachael stood over the unconscious doom with a malicious glare.

Light stood up just as Shadow had approached, "Dad?"

Shadow stopped in front of her and took her hand. The poison had finally wore off and he was back to normal, "We need you Light! We can't do this without you!"

Light frowned in confusion, "Why me?"

Shadow placed his hands on Light's shoulders, "Do you know why we named you Light?"

Light placed her palm up and her hand illuminated. Shadow shook his head with a soft smiled.

"We named you Light because you brought light into our dark world. You brought hope for me. Before you, I felt like a monster. But you're not. You're the opposite for me. There's danger in Soleanna and we need your light now!"

Light wanted to cry with the overflow of emotions. She never knew how important she was to her dad. She never knew how much she'd changed him. Now she needs to help her dads!

Light nodded with a fierce, new determination and moved to follow her dad. She suddenly felt a tight grip on her left hand and turned around. Shock had a death grip on her wrist; his eyes were full of pain and fear.

"You can't go Light! What if something happens to you? What it-" He chokes and pulls her into a tight hug, "What if I lose you?"

This was such a shock for Light that she couldn't move. Shock was hugging her? Shock didn't want to lose her? Her heart melted and she hugged back tightly, "I'll be okay Shock! I promise!"

His voice was now scratchy, and Light could feel tears fall from his face, "You better!"

Light pulled back slightly with a small smile, "Why so frightened huh?" She teased. His pale eyes hardened with determination and he took a fistful of her vest and pulled her closer.

"Because I love you!" And then he kissed her.

Her eyes widened and she felt a whole new electricity the moment their lips met. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she could feel all kinds of adrenaline. The kiss lasted for maybe a few seconds, but it was enough to make her head spin. When Shock pulled back, his eyes were glazed over.

"Go, do your thing. But come back," His voice was soft and tender as he stroked her quills. Light nodded with a small lump in her throat and met up with Shadow.

Shadow raised a dark eyebrow at her, a hint of humor in his ruby eyes.

Light waved him off, "You can shut up now."

Shadow took her hand and said, "I wasn't saying anything. Now lets go!"

They sped off together towards Soleanna Palace. Light had to slow up just a little for her dad but not much. As soon as the darkness and thick, purple clouds came into view, Light knew this wasn't going to be easy. They dashed into the palace to a large balcony. Light was met with the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen. However, her attention was stolen by the one face she'd wanted to see.

Light and ShadowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara