Chapter 15

"Twig, did you see that?" Light asked quickly. Twig replayed tape after Light saw movement in the screen. it came from the camera viewing the landing area. She then saw a motion very familiar.

"Let's go greet our new visitor!" Shock said with distrust. Light dashed out as fast as she could, literally leaving them in her dust. She was so sure... but it can't be! Her heart sped up as her feet did. The holding area for the plane was near and coming closer. She was a millisecond away from finding out the truth; she was so close to seeing if he was really here! She nearly barreled through the door when a stone flew at her at the speed of a bullet. She dodged it just as it grazed her arm.

"Ahh!" She shouted in surprise. It was minor cut, but that proved it wasn't who she thought. She growled and charged her energy, "Who is this?" She demanded with venom in her voice. There was no reply, "Answer me!"

There was still nothing. Light growled and turned on the lights. The room was so bright only she could stand it. Her special eyes quickly adjusted and she stepped out. What she saw shocked her.

"Light? Light is that you? I can't hear! Let me see you!" Silver yelled more loud than necessary. Light shut her powers down immediately and ran to him.

"Silver!" She crashed into him and held on for dear life, "Silver! I missed you so much! How are my dads? Where's Amy? What's going on with Rouge and Knuckles? Have your heard from Tails? I'm sorry I'm just so excited! I missed you so much!" She babbled on and on, holding onto him. She was confused when he pulled away. He placed a finger on his throat and spoke.

"I'm sorry Light. I can't hear anything. Robotnick has new bombs that destroy your hearing. I have to feel my voice to know it's working right. I can't hear you at all," His golden eyes were full of repentance.

Light couldn't believe what she heard. Silver didn't hear a thing she'd said! He can't hear ever again! Robotnick will pay for this! She vows he will pay!

"What's going on?" Shock demanded as he busted through. He took in the scene in front of him, Silver on his knees with sorrow in his eyes and Light crying silently beside him. Shock didn't know what to say. The rest of the group slowly appeared behind him, all shocked to see Silver in front of them.

Buck gasped, "Is that?"

Husk shook her head, "It can't be!"

Twig grinned, "Hello Mr. Silver! I'm Twig! I'm Light's best friend!"

Light shook her head and pointed to her mouth then her ear. This was sign language for 'deaf'.

The group froze, eyes wide. If he can't hear, he can't fight. If he can't fight, they need to step in. Light sighed softly, "It's okay, we know sign language and he can talk. We just need a plan," She twirled her pointer finger like a signal to wrap it up them hand spelled A-M-Y. (Where's Amy?)

Silver placed his hand on his throat again, "She's here. I hid her in the nursery room that only I know about and how to get to. I came here to check on her then try my best to help again. Though I don't know how much help I'll be now."

Light pointed to herself then pointed with both pointer fingers to the left. (I'll Go)

Silver smiled, "Beside the door to the living room is a button that reads intercom. Press it and say five thirteen."

Light grinned, placed her pointer and middle finger to her chin and pulled down. She then used those same fingers to scratch her nose. (Cute and funny)That was Silver and Amy's anniversary. She then held both hands in fists with the pinkies and thumbs out and faced them palm down. (Stay here)

Light pressed the button and said the words. When a new door opened, she turned to Shock, "You guys stay with him. If he tries to talk to you do this," She did a thumbs up and put it under her chin, pushing out, then pointed up beside her head with he palm facing back, bending her finger. (I don't understand) "I'll be right back."

Shock nodded, pity and understanding in his eyes. He did something very unexpected. He took Light's hands, pulled her close and leaned in her ear, "Only if you let me tell you something when you get back."

Bewildered and a little light headed, Light nodded and went through the door. She hoped they wouldn't overwhelm Silver with their excitement. The poor guy had been through hell. Now it was time to see about Amy. Light ran down the metal corridor as quickly as she could until she came to an ordinary door. She twisted the nob carefully and peeked inside. It was charming, painted red and pink with white flowers all over the walls. There was soft looking furniture with fluffy pillows and a very pregnant, pink hedgehog.

"Amy!" Light shouted, nearly jumping onto the hedgehog. Amy's eyes nearly filled with tears instantly.

"Light! you're okay!" I was so worried! How is everyone? Are they safe?"

Light frowned, "It's not looking good."

Amy's eyes narrowed, her old, determined self returning, "Fill me in!"

Light spend fifteen minutes telling her what she knew. Amy nearly lost it when she told her Silver lost his hearing, but pulled herself together when she told him about her small group wanting to help. Amy placed her hands on Light's shoulders.

"Help me out of here so I can see my husband. He'll tell us more!"

Light helped Amy out of the tunnel and into the living room where everyone else was. She flew into Silver's arms, the two embraced and kissed for a few moments before pulling back and discussing business. Silver told them that Rouge and Knuckles were spying on Eggman's base, that Sonic was guarding Queen Elise and Shadow was looking for other ways to help. Light felt hope arise in her chest.

"Can I go to the palace to see him?"

Remembering Silver can't hear, she pointed to herself, then her eyes, then spread her fingers with her thumb on her forehead. (Can I see dad?)

Silver and Amy frowned. Silver said, "Sonic is protecting her from Eggman for a reason. If he's tracking you and you go there we lose. I'm sorry Light, you'll have to wait a little longer."

Light felt herself deflate and sighed, "I understand."

Amy placed a hand on her shoulder with a soft, motherly smile on her face, "We'll all make it through this Light, then things will be back to normal."

Light shook her head, "No. Thing's won't be the same again! I'm changing, Silver's deaf, we're fighting for our lives. Nothing will be the same."

Shock wrapped a comforting arm around her, "Yeah it's change, but it's not always bad."

Silver tapped Amy's shoulder and she pointed her fingers at each other, curled them in slightly and twisted them together. (change)

He nodded in understanding and smiled at Light.

Light looked at all of the faces around her and a small smile played on her face, "You're right. It might be some good. I just hope this is the worst it'll be."