Chapter 4

"Welcome to paradise!" Shock announced as he waved his arm around. Light thought it wasn't much of anything let alone paradise, but it was far better than nothing. They had opened a hidden door that led through a tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, it opened up into a large room. In the center was a splintered, worn down table with two chairs that matched it. Along the walls were wires that hooked up electric were a couple of crates on the far right and three cots on the left. Light wondered at the three cots, but figured she'd find out soon enough.

"It's great. Thanks for letting me crash here for a while," She smiled, truly grateful to him. She just couldn't wait to begin training with him.

"I know it's not much, you're probably used to some great place, but, you know. I figured it's better than the streets," Shock shrugged.

Light offered a smile, "Thanks. So, when can we begin training?"

Shock smirked and walked toward the far wall. He pounded on it thrice and it slid open. Light was impressed. He had a fancy security system down here. It made her wonder if she was hanging with a criminal, but she couldn't afford to worry about that now. She followed him into the other tunnel, noting the lights in here were much more dim. It was much colder in here, which confused her. They weren't any lower than in the other room.

After a walking a few yards, they came to a smaller opening with nothing in it. Shock stood in the center and spread his arms wide, "This is the dueling room. It's not very big and pretty frickin' cold, but it works. I'm sure you'll warm up after I'm done with you," Shock grinned. He stepped back with one foot, leaning his weight on that foot and His body was suddenly sparking all over!

"Wow!" Light said as she walked closer, "I'm impressed. Although, I would prefer a little more light. Oh! Just a moment," She placed a hand on her hips and felt the familiar power spread throughout her and outside of her. The whole room was now very bright. Shock shielded his eyes quickly.

"Woah! I mean, that's probably the best self defense power ever! It doesn't hurt anyone but you can get away! Umm, Light? an you dim it down a bit?"

Light laughed and released her power. The room looked much darker now that their eyes had adjusted to the brightness. Light took a couple steps closer to Shock and crossed her arms, "That's not all I can do either, so don't be getting any ideas of not being able to train me. In fact, I think you're probably the most capable for me."

Shock had been rubbing his eyes, but he stopped when she said this, "Oh yeah? And why's that?"

Light smirked, "You might want to take a step back."

Shock backed up a little, not taking any chances. Light folded her arms, feeling another, warmer power build up. She knew she needed a technique to perform this much better, but that's where Shock comes in. She took a step back and opened her arms quickly.

The room lit up again, but this time, it was as if a lightning storm had suddenly appeared. It came in a flash, but only lasted a moment before it disappeared. Shock's eyes were like saucers as the flashing lights danced on his crystal- blue eyes. Light found the image beautiful.

Wait. What?

Light shook her head as if to clear it, "So, what do you think?"

Shock didn't speak for a long moment, then he suddenly jumped, "That was amazing! This is your power at its lowest! With training, technique, and practice you can become so much cooler than Sonic! Or even his rival Shadow!"

For some reason, even though she knew he didn't know about her dads' relationship, this statement angered Light, "They aren't rivals. They are very close."