Off to Neverland (31)

I had always found it difficult to sleep on the couch, but on that Friday night, it seemed to be so much more difficult than it used to be. At first I blamed Eli for doing this, since he was the one who had taken my room and my bed, but I knew he wasn’t the reason I couldn’t sleep that night. All I could think about was Emma, and how close she seemed to be with Jack. Did anything happen between the two of them? I really hated that I didn’t know.

I had always looked up to Emma Link, the same way I had looked up to May. They had gotten famous around the time I was in seventh grade, and I always wanted to be like them. But right then, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be anymore.

I never thought that I’d meet either of them, let alone both. I didn’t even know that May was Jack’s sister until I met her, even though they both had the same last name and everything. I just never even thought about it.

But Emma wasn’t related to them, so anything could have happened between Emma and Jack. I couldn’t help but feel queasy as I thought about it.

It felt like I had only been asleep for about five minutes when I felt someone shake my shoulder roughly. I sat up quickly, afraid that someone had broken in or the house was on fire. When I saw who the person was who had shook my away, I glared at him.

“Why are you waking me up at two o’clock in the morning?” I spat, rubbing at my eyes after I looked at the time on my phone. “You better be dying or something, or I’m going to kill you myself.”

Eli smirked. “Get up.”

“Excuse me?” I snapped. What the hell was he trying to do? He wakes me up in the middle of the night, and he won’t even tell me why!

“Get up,” he continued, grabbing my arm and pulling me up off the couch. I grabbed my phone, just in case I was going to need it. “You’ll be able to go back to sleep soon.”

“What the hell?”

Why was he waking me up at two o’clock in the morning on a Saturday? If he didn’t have a good excuse, I was going to yell at him so badly…

When he yanked me into the small foyer of my house, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw that there were many dark figures standing by the front door. My eyes widened, and I was kind of afraid of what was going to happen next. Was he going to kill me or something?

“Morning, Ivy!” the familiar chirpy voice greeted, and I saw who was one of the figures were when I got closer. Chloe? What the hell was she doing here at two o’clock in the morning? She then smirked at me. “I see you’re a morning person.”

“Just the opposite,” I grumbled, still rubbing at my eyes. “And I wouldn’t say it’s morning. It’s still night time.”

I heard a familiar voice chuckle to her right, and I immediately turned to see that my boyfriend was another one of the dark figures. He smirked at me like he always did, and I furrowed at my eyebrows at him. He better be here to give me an answer to why he as here.

When I looked closer, I saw that Tyler and Chris were the two other figures that were in the dark room with us. What the hell were they all doing in my house? I just wanted to go back to sleep! Couldn’t they just come back in the morning?

“Guess where we’re going,” Chloe now grinned, rocking back and forth on her feet now. I didn’t think I wanted to hear the answer to that question, considering it was two o’clock in the morning and I was super groggy.

“I don’t think she’s very excited,” Chris laughed, shoving his hands into his pockets now.

Jack rolled his eyes. “That’s because she doesn’t know where we’re going yet.”