Off to Neverland (43)

“You’ll never believe this,” I grinned, almost making Tyler jump as I came up next to him as he looked for something in his locker. “You’re going to love me for this, I just know it. Are you ready to hear what I have to tell you?”

Tyler gave me a look that told me he thought I was insane, but I still just couldn’t stop smiling at him. I was actually really excited for him, since he had wanted to date Henry ever since he had seen him all those months before…

“What happened to your arm?” he asked before I could say anything, his eyes widening at the gauze.

“That’s not important right now,” I waved away, still smiling like a complete idiot even though my injured arm had been pointed out. “I’m taking medication for it and the gauze makes it no big deal at all. But anyway, I have amazing news for you!”

“Okay,” he nodded. “Go ahead and tell me then.”

“I got you a date with Henry!” I whispered, looking around to make sure that no one would be listening in to our conversation. “He says he’s thinking about breaking up with his boyfriend and I told him that I had a friend who would probably love to go out with him. So what do you think?”

Tyler stared down at me for a moment, not saying a word to me as I waited for his response. It wasn’t like I was expecting him to act like a girl or anything by acting super excited, but I thought I would at least get some kind of reaction from him.

“Really?” he asked after he had swallowed. “You’re being serious?”

“Completely serious!”

“Okay,” he nodded, finally smiling now. “You can tell him that I’d definitely like to go out on a date with him.”

This was amazing. At least something was working out for somebody! With everything else that was going wrong in my life, this was actually making me feel a little bit better about it all.

But I spoke too soon. When I saw Jack, I nearly fell over even though I had been standing still. A girl was wrapped around his arm, and it made me sick to my stomach. Other people in the hallway were staring at him, confused by the girl that was hanging all over him. Word that we had broken up hadn’t gotten around school yet, but now I was sure that it would.

“Well this is déjà vu,” Tyler snorted flatly, turning back toward his locker and placing a text book in. “Jack used to walk around with a different girl on his arm almost every week before you came here.”

I made a face. “Why am I not surprised?”

“I’m sorry, Ivy,” Tyler sighed, shaking his head. “I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.”

Suddenly, something clicked in my head. I smiled like an idiot, not believing I hadn’t thought of this sooner.

“Hey,” I started, placing my hand on his arm suggestively. “There is a way you can make me feel better. I have an idea.”

Tyler blinked down at my hand on his arm. “Are you on some type of medication for your arm that I should know about?”

“No, but I’d be forever in your debt if you do me a favor,” I smiled sweetly, not even removing my hand from his arm when I saw that Jack had now noticed the two of us. “I think we should date.”

“Didn’t you just tell me that you’re going to set up a date between Henry and me?” Tyler asked me in confusion, staring down at my creepy smile as if he had no idea what to do. “You tell me something like that, and then you say that we should go and date. Do you have two personalities or something or are the medications you’re taking doing something to your head?”