Ch.40- celebration?

Drakes pov

Well I messed up. Syrith is no longer a secret to Luke anyways. He seems to like Luke however. Ever since the other day I felt a faint sensation of peace. I haven't felt that in a while. The empire was slowly rebuilding itself after the rebellion. The new leader had yet to be decided as the government was being rebuilt as well. I could tell that everyone was glad that it was finally ended. I sure was. I guess that was one problem down. I feel my anxiety kick up a little at the thought of it. I haven't heard anything in a while until now. A slight laughter in the back of my head that sends chills down my spine. I shake it off and join the others. They had set up a fire outside and there is a bigger group of people there. Great. I wasn't much of a people person. I feel perfectly  fine with a small group but bigger groups always had me nervous. As I walked over I tried to pay no attention to some of the there people as I could feel them staring at me. I guess because of  me being part enderman I had heightened  senses with some things along with being able to feel people staring at me. It made me more nervous as I sat down  next to Grayson.

"Hey Drake!" He shouted, playfully punching  me arm.

"Hey..." I mumbled giving a nervous smile. I sat down trying to ignore the other people. I still felt their eyes on me. I actually felt myself becoming agitated but I ignored it. The others were laughing and rambling about stuff. The smell of alcohol lingered in the air everyone and then. I could see that some people were obviously drunk celebrating their victory.

"What in the nether is he?" A slight whispered caught my attention. Heightened hearing. Ugh.

"I don't think I've ever seen a hybrid before. They were always a myth or legend." The voice lowered at the last part.

Annoyed I looked in The direction of the voices and two men where sitting down talking to each other.

"Excuse me do you two need something? I can hear you ya know. I am getting annoyed. I'm only going to ask you once. Stop staring at me and talking about me. I feel you staring at me and I can hear you whispering." I snapped. They froze and stared back. I glared at them. Grayson turned to me to see what was going on.

"Drake? What wrong." He asked, glancing in the direction of the two men making eye contact with both of them. "Oh...don't bother. Calm down ok."

"Fine..." I shot one glared at the both of them quickly and turned back around. I heard one of them chuckle to themselves.

"Do you know where Armen is?" Mia asked, jogging over to us.

"Hi he is back at the house. He didn't want to come because he's to afraid of people noticing him and recognizing him. Something like that. He's with syrith." Grayson commented in between bites of his food. They had made food over some of the fires.

"Oh I was hoping we could all be out here to have fun."

"Mia don't worry maybe its for the best."

-------------

I finally started to relax some. Mia had made friends with some other girls and we're talking and messing a round with each other. I stayed mainly with Grayson and Luke. He seemed like a nice guy. There was something off about him. I knew he didn't know about me and the bad parts. No one here did. The empire didn't tell so they wouldn't panic. I eventually ignored the stares from others. The two men had left.
"Freak of nature. "

Chills ran down my spine. Great they are back. I tired ignoring them when I heard one of them laugh. They must have realized I can still hear them.

"What are you? Should you even exist..."

"Hey Drake you alright" Grayson tapped my arm breaking me from my daze.