Ch.13-Reasons

Grayson's POV

I noticed that Mia was shaking when we were put in the cell together. I hugged her and she began crying. I couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty about our current situation. If I hadn't of just wandered into the town so carelessly then maybe things would be different. All these thoughts were rushing through my head. I heard a sound behind me when I saw our backpacks and swords on the ground outside the cell with drake standing there. Mia looked up at me confused as well. I turned around facing the cell door and put my arm around Mia. My protective instincts were fired up.

Drake lifted his head and looked right at me with a grin, his white eye was still glowing. I tightened my grip on Mia. To my surprise he had keys and opened the door. I quickly ran and grabbed my firery sword pointing it at drake, or Herobrine.

"Not a good idea. Put it down. I'm not going to hurt you dip wad." He seemed annoyed at me doing this and he takes a few steps back.

"What? Why are you helping us?" I didn't walk out of the cell yet. I still had Mia behind me and I slowly bent down to pick our bags up with sword still in one hand and not taking my eyes off drake. Mia held onto my arm at one point and peeked out from behind me. She seemed scared at this point.

"I have my reasons to help. Drake knows it. He's mad but he knows I have reasons. Come on." He turned around and started walking. I noticed he had drakes stuff with him including his sword. He turned the corner and I looked to Mia. "Grayson I don't think we have a choice." Mia was right. I started down the hall and around the corner keeping Mia either to my side or behind me. I wasn't letting anyone touch her at this point.

I saw drake up ahead. 'Why is Herobrine helping us. None of his makes sense. Last time he had control over drake he tried to kill us. Can he really not use his powers right now. The thing on his ankle must really take his powers away.' He kept walking and never seems to look back to see if we were behind him. I still kept some distance in between us. Even if he said he won't hurt us. I don't trust him.

Mia's POV

Grayson kept distance in between us and Herobrine. I had no idea why he was helping us when he tried to kill us not to long ago. I thought I heard footsteps behind us when an arrow shot past me aimed for drake. I turned and saw drake holding and arrows in front of his face. Did he just catch an arrow? He looked pissed. "Run. Just run!" Grayson grabbed my arm and bolted. I noticed drake didn't fight he just ran as well. 'Why wasn't he fighting' everything blurred around me as I felt something hit me. It turns out a guard was running down a hallway as we passed it and rammed into me. Everything went dark for a second.

Grayson's POV

Mia was ripped from my grip as a guard had ran down a passing corridor and tacked to the ground. She must of blacked out because she didn't move as she laid on the ground. "Mia!" I screamed and pulled the hard off of her as Herobrine back handed him in the face. I found it odd looking at my best friend but knowing that it wasn't him. Drake still had no control. Mia moved some. I pulled her up and took off running again. She seemed to snap out of the haze rather quickly as she didn't need me to support her for very long. We kept running and didn't look back. Finally reaching a main room with double doors we shut the doors and locked them. I stepped back as the guards on the other side banged on the door trying to open it. Mia tapped  my arm looking at drake. I noticed his eye wasn't glowing anymore and he stumbled backwards and hit the ground. "Drake?" We rushed over to him. He was unconscious. "Now of all times. Come on drake. Please be ok." I check for a pulse and breathing. Both were steady.

"Grayson?"

"Don't worry Mia he'll be ok I hope."

Everything was to calm. Something wasn't right.

"Give me the hybrid and no one gets hurt" I turned to see Xander standing at the top of a stair case in the room.

"I don think so. I will not let you kill him!" I wasn't going to loose more family. I couldn't. I don't care if drake is in control or if Herobrine was possessing him. I am not letting anything happen to him even if it means my life. He's family and nothing is changing that.

"You wanna play hard? Then let's play hard." Xander had the most spin chilling grin plastered all over his face.