Ch.35-dont stop

Armens POV
Everything happened so fast. Something was going on and he wasn't telling us. Why Drake hit me? I wasn't sure. I know it had to do with him.... It was just the random outburst of anger in him. He lashed out at me and when Mia tried to help he lashed at her. The scary part was the sound of his voice when he yelled at Grayson after he pulled him away from Mia. You could hear it go in and out of pitch shifting from his own to something that wasn't his.

"Drake calm down. This ain't like you." My voice cracked in the middle of the sentence.
"Sorry..." He looked into my eyes. I could take it anymore. I do the only thing I could think of. I pulled him into a hug weather he wanted it or not. I cloud hear his heart beat racing and his unsteady breathing. He was also shaking a little. I didn't expect him to huh back. But to my surprise he did. I couldn't stop the tears. I didn't care either.  I pulled back and we let go. He backed up and Grayson didn't look as worried as before. The darkening sky signified the approaching night. With out saying a word we all got our stuff  and to stay the night.

Time skip

No one questioned him as we knew the answer to his behavior. Silence surrounded us.

"So...." Mia salad attempting to break it. She smiled in hopes of lightening the mood. "Where to next?"

"We have the maps now. Maybe we could find the hatchery and hatch the egg?" Grayson glanced at his backpack. He shuffled some stuff around in it and pulled out a purple spotted black egg. It had a hard rocky she'll making it impute crack it in any way shape or form without a tremendous amount of force. Drake looked up and stared at it for a second. I noticed his purple eye glow brighter. He just looked back down.

"What do you think it looks like?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I hope that's it's friendly because I would so want to see a baby dragon without worrying about my hand being bitten off." Mia giggled as curiosity and joy filled her eyes. Grayson laughed with her.

"Yea i would think it would be friendly." Grayson turned it examining every spot on it before putting it away. "Maybe we should get some sleep it's been a long day." He was right.

"Ok then. Night." I laid down letting the exhaustion take over as I slowly faded and fell asleep. It had been a rough day. I was finally glad it was over.

Time skip

"Keep running!" Grayson screamed from behind. He had his sword out and ready to strike.

"How many of these things are there!" Mia's voice was muffled by the sudden gust of wind. I heard growls behind me as they got closer.

"Armen why did you have to anger the wolves!" I turned to see Drake looking behind him at a wolf that was closing in on him.

"I'm sorry! I thought the baby wolf was lost so I picked it up hoping to maybe help did. It's way back home! I didn't realize the mother and pack was right there! How was I supposed to know hay they would attack!" I yelled out in frustration.

"Just run!"

I was starting to tire and I didn't know how much longer I could run.

"Your gonna think I'm crazy but there is a river up ahead and if we can jump it the wolves won't follow!" Mia looked up ahead and what do you know. There was a river not to far.

"Wha-"

"Just jump! I've gotten away from wolves before just jump!"

"Fine!"

We had reached the river and Mia was the first to jump. I looked back as the wolves were drawing near. "I can't do it!" I backed away scanning for some other  way out. "Armen jump!" Grayson grabbed my hand and yanked me with him. The river was bigger than expected and we didn't make it the whole way. I landed in the freezing water and swam to the other side. Mia waited as she some how made the whole length of the water. Drake stood on the other side frozen. "Drake you need to jump!" Grayson shouted at him. He looked up and shook his head. The wolves came into view and he looked terrified. "I'm so going to regret this!" He took a step back and jumped. Barely making the edge I grabbed his arm and pulled him up. "I hate water so much" he looked down at his shirt which was wet from the water. The wolves stopped on the other side barking a few times before  turning  around and leaving.
"See told ya"

"Ok no one likes a show off Mia." I smiled and we continued on once we caught our breath.

Time skip

Drake POV

It was dark out and an eerie feeling filled the air. I kept walking hoping to find something. I wasn't sure about what was happening. I squinted trying to see farther out in front of me. It was just more black void.

"Hello"

A voice echoed behind me. I turned and saw nothing. "Nope. Nope. Nope. I don't like creepy voices." I began to run. Fear started to take over as I was suddenly knocked off my feet.

"Your not going anywhere"

Two white eyes stared back at me. My heart stopped and my stomach sank.
"Get away from me!" I shouted kicking a thrashing trying to get out of his grip. A sword appeared in his hand and I went numb as I felt the sensation of the blade piercing my skin going straight through my chest. Everything faded into a bright white. His laugh the last thing I heard.

"Drake!" I jolted upward. I turned to see Mia next to me, surprised by my sudden movement. "Oh sorry didn't mean to scare you. It's time to get up."

"Oh. Ok." I replied. She got back up and joined with Grayson who was looking at maps. I put my hand on my chest as I felt pain where I was apparently stabbed. I was perfectly fine. It must of been a nightmare. I realized I was shaking slightly. Well it was time move on and start a new day.