Chapter Six

"Ryan! I swear if you don't get off me I'm going to tickle you until you die of lack of oxygen!" I giggle.

            "Aw, come on, Bren, he just thinks you're comfy, that's all!" Gabe yells from the table. We're at lunch, and Ryan and I are sitting on the grass next to a big tree beside our table. Well, more like I'm lying on the grass, and Ryan is just completely sitting on top of me, cross-legged.

            "Yeah, you're a sucky boyfriend, Brendon. Won't even let little Ryan sit on you," Spencer jokes.

            "Yeah, Brendon, you suck," Ryan signs, laughing.

            "You wish I did," I reply cheekily. His face turns red as he stops struggling with me and falls over onto the grass. I die laughing.

            "He wishes you did what?" William asks from the table, amused. I can't answer, I'm laughing too hard. I just shake my head. Ryan is biting his lip, cheeks colored.

            "What did you say? You've embarrassed the poor boy, Brendon!" Spencer says as he walks over and grabs Ryan by the wrist and pulls him up. "Come on, Ryan, we don't need Brendon," he says playfully as he tugs Ryan along to the table.

            "Hey! Bring him back here!" I say, laughing. "Get your own Ryan!"

            "No!" Spencer laughs.

            I get up and sit on the table beside Ryan and give him puppy-eyes and a pout.

            "No, Ryan!" Spencer says, "Don't let him get to you!" Ryan laughs and rolls his eyes as he walks over and plops down into my lap. I smirk at Spencer.

            "See, Spence, he can't resist me," I say smugly. I go to kiss Ryan, but he ducks his head, smirking. He shakes his head.

            "Hah!" Spencer laughs. "Better stop being mean to Ry if you want any action."

            "You're such a cockblocker, Spencer." I glare at him for good measure. Ryan seems horrified that I said this, and dies of embarrassment again, shaking his head with his hands covering his face. Everyone's laughing now. Ryan looks at me and glares. I wink at him and nuzzle my face into his neck, earning a quiet giggle from him.

            "Am I forgiven, Ry-Ry?" I pout at him.

            He leans in close to my ear and whispers, "Only because you look so fucking sexy today that it's kind of impossible for me to keep my hands off of you." My eyes widen. Okay, that was hot. And I really don't need to get turned on at school, in the middle of lunch. He leans back with a smirk and continues about eating his lunch. Our little exchange must have been obvious, because William and Gabe are stifling laughter.

            "Who would've thought Ryan would be so seductive," Gabe smirks. I gape at him.

            "I know, right?" William chimes in. "I thought it would be Brendon turning Ryan into a blushing mess, but apparently I was wrong." I glare at them both.

            "So, who's the girl in the relationship?" Spencer asks. I just about choke on my water I was in the process of drinking. Ryan pats me on the back and looks at me worriedly.

            "Spencer!" I yell.

            "What? That's totally a valid question! I mean, you're gonna have to figure it out sooner or later...if y'know what I'm saying." Oh my God, kill me right now. This time, Ryan's the one who nearly chokes, and he just lays his head on the table, gently banging it against the surface over and over as everyone laughs. He raises his head up and looks at me like, I'm going to fall over and die if they don't shut up.