10.

Kylo

"Have you gotten any closer to finding Skywalker?" Snoke demands, his voice ringing throughout the limited space. My mask hides it, but I wince from the sound that reverberates off the walls.

"No, not yet at least. But I have men working around the clock-"

"That's not enough. I want this done now, before the Resistance actually gets their hands on it."

Bowing respectfully, I refrain from rolling my eyes. I know quite well that we need to have this piece of the map, it's not like I haven't gotten any sleep in a week for nothing. Nonetheless, I nod in understanding and comply with his wishes.

"We'll find it," I conclude, turning to leave this god forsaken room.

"Ren," He breaks the silence, and my chance to exit swiftly. Why can't the man bother Hux for a change? "Do not get attached to that girl."

"I don't plan on it."

"No one ever does."

Deciding not to reply, I rush out of the room before Hux can interrogate or put anything together. Not that there is much to say anyways, he knew very well if he tried to open his idiotic mouth that I'd tear him apart. Turning down the halls, it appears all of the training rooms are occupied. Except for the one on the end, which seems more dormant than the others.

But upon looking through the glass entrance, I notice it is indeed taken. Accompanied by FN-2187, Lanae is showing off what magic she has learned thus far. Leaning against the wall so that I can see, I've noticed she's made a friend in the soldier. It's quite unsettling how quickly the men aboard have taken a liking to her, but I suppose her being by his side is better than talking to the rest. Besides, that Stormtrooper I had threatened a while ago seems to have spread that information.

Her hair is pulled back for once, though it still reaches her lower back. And the clothes fit her much better than I ever guessed, but she always appears more comfortable in the royal ensembles. The band which provides her coverage from the waist up is the same one that assisted stopping the blood flow in my hand. The stains are long gone. Over the few weeks she has been here, the Magia has seemed to grow on it's own, and I suspect it's because of my Force. It has now taken similar characteristics that my power does, though I am not quite sure what that means for her.

FN-2187 notices my relaxed stance, and gestures for me to come in while Lanae isn't watching. He is without a helmet, and even though I've been told to be nice, I immediately put up my typical facade. The door slides open quietly, and I walk in next to him. As she takes a break for water and to wipe the sweat off, I pull out the lightsaber to test her. The Stormtrooper immediately looks alarmed, but I shake my head firmly and he seems to understand. Understandably still freaked out though, he scoots along the lining of the wall, before walking out the door and remaining guard instead. Lanae still hasn't noticed anything, and I walk up behind her as softly as possible.

The lightsaber flame crackles to life, and the odd sound causes her to stiffen. She turns around, and the movement places it close to her cheek, singing her skin. But Lanae doesn't move, her azure eyes boring into mine.

"A lengthy time of no speaking and this is how you resolve it?" She asks in a whisper.

"If you don't keep your guard up, this is how you can become vulnerable."

"I've never had a situation like that."

"Doesn't mean you ever will," I state, pressing a button so that the lightsaber extinguishes as I can see the burn on her cheek visible. It's obvious the pain is irritating her, especially since she isn't tolerant to it like I have become over the years. But she stands her ground, whether to show her strength or anger at me I'm not sure.