Chapter 60: Together

As Isabella watched her mother and Derek kissing she couldn't think of anything more perfect.
Suddenly they stopped kissing and she quickly laid back down and pretended to be asleep.

"What are we doing?" Emily asked.

"I think the question you're looking for is why haven't we?" Derek said and Emily smiled.

He went to kiss her again but she stopped him. He looked confused.

"Derek. We work together. And... I ... i have a daughter" Emily said unsure.

"A daughter who loves me... I'm her dad already or did you forget that?" Derek said with a smile and Emily let out a little laugh.

"I don't want this to ruin things for her" Emily said still unsure.

"We'll go slow. One day at time." Derek said. "And what I feel for Bella will never change. No matter what happens between us. I love that kid more than I ever thought It was possible. That will never change" he said, softly tucking a lock of hair behind Emily's ear, and Emily smiled.

This time she went and kissed him.

Emily's heart was pounding fast. There had been moments that she felt attracted to Morgan but never like she was feeling right in that moment. If Bella wasn't in the house she knew they would have gone straight to bed, just like that. But since her daughter was home Derek grabbed her hand and they walked to the living room.

Their jaws dropped when they found Isabella laying there with a big smile on her face.

"Did you..?" Emily asked.

"Yup" Bella said sitting up. "Is there something you two need to tell me?" She asked with a grin.

"It was a kiss" Emily said.

"Actually it was more than-" Derek said and she cut him off.

"Derek!" Emily smiled.
They stared at each other not knowing how to explain to the child what they were doing.

"Look" Bella started. "You guys can kiss all you want but please don't traumatize me like Chloe's parents did. So if you get married and things don't work out please please please do not screw my life up"

Derek and Emily held in their laughs. They couldn't believe that was happening.

Isabella stood up and hugged them.
"This is the happiest day of my life" she said.

Emily looked at Derek. Things sure weren't going slow. But somehow that didn't feel wrong.

Bella let go of the hug and her smile melted their hearts. She truly looked happy.

"We promise we won't screw your life up" Derek said.

"Good" Bella said and hugged him.

"So let's finish this movie?" Derek asked.

Emily and Bella smiled and they sat on the couch. The same way they were before. Bella right between them, holding her mother's hand and resting on Derek.

"Can I ask you guys something?" Bella said more serious now.

"Sure" Emily said.

"I know I said like I was joking but what if you two break up one day?" Bella said. "What if it doesn't work out and... I don't want you to hate each other like Chloe's parents"

Derek looked at Emily and he saw Emily wasn't sure of what to say so he went for it.

"Do you want us to be together?" He asked.

"Yes" Isabella said very sure of it.

"So we can only know if it will work if we try" he said.

"And if we do that and it doesn't work, we'll go back to how it used to be before we even kissed." Emily said.

"I don't think that's how it works" Bella said.

"We'll make it work" Emily smiled.

"Emily, let's make her a promise today." Derek said and Emily looked at him. "If one day what we feel now changes we will end it before we lose the friendship."

Emily nodded.

"We'll end it before there's no relationship anymore" he said.

"So you can try to still be friends?" Bella asked.

"Yes" Derek said. "We end if... you know... this other thing is ever gone" he told Emily and she nodded.

"You'll always have us no matter what happens. We promise you" he told Bella and she hugged him.

Emily pressed play and the movie resumed.
Fifteen minutes into it Bella was out again. Derek smiled when he saw.
He threw an arm over the small girl's shoulders, in a way he could touch Emily. He touched her neck and she looked at him and smiled. Derek smiled back. Emily went back to watching the movie, happy to be there with them.

Emily let out a deep breath. She was a bit nervous and scared of start dating Derek but even though she felt that she also felt like it was so right. She couldn't stop asking herself why they had never tried it before. He was always there caring for her and then her child. How could she not see it before?

She was so happy. She always loved Derek but now it was a different kind of love. And it was so different from any other guy she'd ever been with. Even Isabella's father.
For the first time in her life she could imagine a future with someone. A good future with those two amazing people next to her.

After everything she and Bella had been through it finally felt like their lives were getting on track. And she was excited to see what the future would bring for them.
She knew it would be great.
She knew she would always have her friends with her and she knew her daughter would get a break and just get to be a normal kid.
A kid with a mom and dad that loved her, a kid with a big family and lots of friends. A kid that was loved.
A kid who would never have to worry about being left alone.
And she couldn't be happier.

*The End of Book 2*

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

****So guys, I've decided to publish this story in parts. The first one was "In Her Eyes". The second was this which went on till Emily and Derek were together.
The third part is another "book" here.

BOOK THREE is called "After The Storm" and the first chapter is already up!!

you will see "Prentiss Series - 3" written on the cover.

There will be a lot of Derek + Emily, Bella's relationship with her parents and lots and lots of surprises!!

I hope you enjoyed this story and that you will be back for the third part =)

Thank you for reading books 1 and 2! Your comments always makes my day!! You guys are amazing!! ❤️
Xo - B