Chapter 2: Christmas

Later at night people started to leave.
Bella was playing with Chloe in her room when Emily appeared at the door.
"Chloe, your mom's going home now" Emily said.
The girls stood up and followed the woman downstairs. Jeremy and his fiancé Marley were sitting with Penelope watching a movie. Hilary, Chloe's mother, was holding her youngest daughter Millie in her arms. "Let's go?" She asked Chloe who nodded and hugged Bella.

"Merry Christmas Eve" Chloe said and Bella smiled.

"See you tomorrow" Bella smiled and Chloe left.

Emily and Hilary had agreed to do presents in the morning and then meet at Emily's house at 9:30 for breakfast.

"Did you have a good day?" Emily asked throwing one arm around Isabella's shoulders as they walked to the couch.

"Yeah" Bella smiled and walked to the couch where Penelope was sitting. Emily pulled her arm making her stop.

"Sit here with me. I need some mommy-daughter time" Emily smiled and Bella laughed. Emily sat down and snuggled Bella on the couch.
They watched a movie and Bella ended up falling asleep.

"She's out" Jeremy smiled as he saw Bella had fallen asleep.
Emily looked at the girl and smiled too. They finished watching the movie and Emily carried Bella upstairs.

"Penelope, you can stay on her bed again. I'll take her to mine" Emily said and Penelope smiled.

"We'll make a bed here" Jeremy said.

"I'll get the things" Emily said and went upstairs.
Emily put the girl down. She took Bella's shoes off and covered her up. She placed a kiss on the girl's forehead. "Goodnight" she said and went to get the things for Jeremy.

"Make yourself at home" she told him. "Goodnight" he smiled.

Emily went back up and changed her clothes. She put on pajamas and then laid next to her sleeping daughter. Emily smiled as Bella grabbed a handful of her shirt. She could see the kid wanted her close. She soothed the girl's hair and said "I love you".

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Emily woke up early that Saturday morning and she was really excited. She had not spent last year's Christmas with Bella because the team had a case.
She got out of bed and headed to the closet downstairs. She found Jeremy and Marley in the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas" Jeremy smiled.

"Merry Christmas" Emily said walking to him. She hugged Marley and then Jeremy.

"Is she still sleeping?" He asked.

"Yeah" Emily smiled and walked to the closet. She grabbed a luggage and took it to the living room. She had kept two presents hidden there. She knew Bella didn't believe in Santa anymore, she stopped believing when she was 7, but Emily wanted to surprise her. She put the gifts under the Christmas tree and smiled as she noticed there were some presents there that she did not get and she had not seen it the day before.

"Garcia" Emily smiled and put the luggage away.

"Do you guys need any help?" Emily asked as she saw Jeremy was starting to make waffles.

"No, it's alright." He said.

"Yeah. Go stay with your girl" Marley smiled and Emily smiled back and headed back upstairs.
Bella was still sleeping, so she changed her clothes and laid again next to the girl.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Isabella woke up it was 8:10am.
"Merry Christmas" Emily said softly as soon as the girl opened her eyes.
Bella smiled and hugged her mom.