Chapter 32: Small Steps

In Paris,
Emily decided to go for a walk in a park close by. She stopped at a gift shop and got a postcard for Bella. She hated that she couldn't send it to her but she knew that one day she would be able to give it to her herself. She hoped she would. She had to believe she would.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

(Sunday)

Bella woke up and walked to the kitchen. She sat to have breakfast and everyone could see she was embarrassed about what had happened.

"So Bella, I was talking to Garcia the other day and she's moving in for real" Derek said and Bella just kept eating her cereal. "So we have to make room for her here so... I need help building another room" he said. "Would you help me?" He asked hopeful.

Bella nodded yes not looking very excited.

"Alright. We have to go get everything, so go get ready once you're done" he said excited deciding to ignore the girl's mood and Garcia smiled.

"Go where?" Bella asked a bit unsure.

"To a few places" he said and gave her a look.
She looked down looking scared. She was not sure she could do it. Derek walked to her and kneed down next to her. "Look at me" he said and she looked right in his eyes.
"You said you would trust me, didn't you?" He said. "You promised"

"I know" Bella said.
She just sat there and her eyes filled with tears. She jumped and hugged him. "I just feel like I can't do it" she said crying.

"I know you can. I'll be right there with you." Derek said.

"I just get scared he's gonna come" Bella cried.

"Doyle?" Penelope asked.

"Yeah. He's gonna come and he'll do what he did to mommy and Me again" Bella sobbed.

"Sit up. Look at me" Derek said and she sat back on the chair.
"Look at me" he said and she did as told. "He is not coming here." He said serious. "You were never on his plan. You were not on his list. Baby, a while ago he didn't even know you existed." He said tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. "You were never who he wanted to hurt... He wanted your mom." He said and Bella kept crying.

"But what about his son?" Bella asked.

"He's okay. Declan is okay" Derek said.

"But she took Declan from him. I heard them" Bella said.

"And Doyle took her from you. That's it. It's over. He's not coming back, baby girl. There's no reason for him to hurt you. Okay? He's not coming back. He's far far away from here because he knows that we're looking for him. And I promise you he's not coming here" Derek said and Bella looked down at the floor again.

"Look at me" he told her and she looked up. "You can do this. You can." He said. She hugged him again and he stood up and lifted her.
"Let's get ready" he said and carried her to the bedroom.
He put her down and she hugged his waist.
"Uncle Derek?" She said and he pulled her chin up. "Will I ever be okay again?" She asked with tears streaming down her face.

Derek hugged her tight and said "I promise you will"
They hugged for a while and then he told her to go get ready.

They got changed and went out to get everything. Bella was really nervous and would not let go of Derek but she went to every store they had to and didn't ask to go home. Not even once.
They stopped to eat lunch around 1pm at McDonald's, and then headed back home.

"I told you you could do it, didn't I?" Derek smiled as Bella stopped in front of him to help with the bags. She gave him a shy smile and helped him unload everything. Bella sat to watch a movie with Penelope while Derek started working on the new room. He was going to combine a small office he had with part of the laundry room.
He decided to stop around 5:30 and finish Isabella's room. The three of them helped and around 7 they were all done. The furniture was in, the decorations and bedding were placed and it looked amazing.