Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions

Isabella had a hard night. She kept waking up and making sure Emily was still right there next to her and Emily would just say things like "it's okay. I'm here" and she would go back to sleep. 

Around 8am Emily woke up and heard a noise in the kitchen. She went to the bathroom, changed her clothes and went to the kitchen.

"Good morning" Penelope smiled as she flipped a pancake.

"Good morning" Emily smiled back.

"Did you have a good night?" Garcia asked.

"Yeah." Emily said. She woke up several times but she had a good night. The best night she had in months.

"It was good being with your baby again" Penelope smiled and Emily let out a little laugh.

Suddenly Derek walked in.
"Hi. Good morning" he said putting his shirt on. He noticed Emily's face and then he laughed.

Emily took a seat around the table and he sat facing her.
"Did you sleep alright?" He asked.

"Yes" she said.

"I was certain Bellie would wake up crying" Penelope said.

"I thought that too but she didn't" Emily said. "She woke up a few times but she wasn't crying."

"She was just checking to see if you were there?" Derek said.

"Yeah" Emily said and Derek smiled. The girl did the same thing with him a few times.

"We should wake her up so she can sleep well at night" Garcia said.

"I'll go" Emily said and headed to Isabella's bedroom.
She walked in, sat on the bed next to Bella and started running her hand on the child's back.
"Bella" she sang and leaned over. "Wake up honey. Time for breakfast" she said and Bella opened her eyes. As soon as she saw Emily staring back at her she wrapped her arms around her mother's neck. It was kind of involuntary.
"Good morning" Emily said smiling. She waited so long for that.

Bella just stayed quiet.

"Let's go eat?" Emily asked letting go of the hug and Bella nodded yes. Emily sat up again. "Garcia made pancakes" She said with a smile. Bella got up and they headed to the kitchen.

"Good morning my sunshine" Garcia said wrapping Bella in a hug.

"Morning" Bella said, her voice a bit lower than usual.
Penelope let go of her and Bella walked to Morgan and took the seat next to him.

"Why don't you seat over there?" Garcia said pointing to the seat next to Emily.

"No. This is where I always seat" Bella lied. Derek just stared and Garcia gave her a little smile understanding she just didn't want to sit there.

"Alright. I forgot" Penelope said walking to the table holding a plate full of pancakes. "Here you go" she said putting the plate down. Bella grabbed one and poured some syrup on it. They all ate and had an okay time at breakfast. The girl didn't really talk much but all that tenseness was going away.

After breakfast Bella poured Lulu some dog food and filled her water bowl.

"Bella, Why don't you change your clothes and go take Lulu for a walk? It's a beautiful day outside" Garcia said.

"Later" Bella said and went to her bedroom. She wasn't really on the mood to go for a walk. She was scared and couldn't help but still feel confused about everything.

"I'll make sure she'll go later" Derek told Penelope.

"Okay" Garcia said.

Morgan went after Bella.
He walked inside her bedroom to find her on the bed again.