Chapter 12: Innocent

"Lovely girl, isn't she?" He said putting Isabella down on the mattress in the corner of the room and tying her up.

"Ian, she has nothing to do with this" Emily said as her eyes filled with tears. "She's a child. She didn't do anything to you" she said.

"Oh don't worry love. I won't kill this one." Doyle said pushing hair away from the child's face and then standing up. "But I need her to know who her mother really is. What her mother did." He said.
Emily swallowed hard. She was trying hard not to cry.
"And then I'll kill you." The man said. "You never gave a crap about her. You left her. Do you think she loves you? She doesn't even know who you are" Doyle said and walked out.

Doyle didn't know Emily went to visit Bella all those years. All he knew was that she lied to everyone about having a child and when the girl's father died she took her in.

Emily sat there and just stared at her daughter. She couldn't even began to imagine what she would say once the child was awake.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Penelope started sobbing as Derek hugged her.
She couldn't believe they had taken the little girl.

"How will we find Prentiss?" Morgan asked.

"Here's how: Ian Doyle is our unsub, Prentiss our victim. We profile their behavior, we treat it like any other case" Hotch said.

"I'll see if any of my contacts has anything on Lauren Reynolds" JJ said and walked out.

"Bellie will be okay, right? She'll be okay" Penelope asked Morgan.
Derek just hugged her unsure of what to say.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Isabella started to move a little on the mattress.
Emily could feel her heart racing. She knew the girl would panic.

"Bella. It's okay. It's gonna be okay" she said and suddenly Doyle walked in.

"Stop lying to her Emily" Doyle said keening down close to the child.
Isabella's eyes opened and she blinked a little, trying to fight through the last bit of sedation on her tiny body.
She opened her eyes and found Doyle staring at her very close to her face. Her eyes widened immediately as fear took over.

"Oh don't worry dear. I'm not going to kill you" Ian said and Bella just stared at him as her eyes filled with tears. "We'll just talk for now" he said and stood up revealing Emily tied up on the chair.

"Mom?" Bella whispered as tears started streaming down her face.

Doyle simply walked out leaving Emily and her daughter alone.

"What's going on? Who are they?" Bella asked as she looked around the room.

"Baby, look at me" Emily said but nothing. The girl was starting to panic. "Bella. Bella! Look at me" Emily said and the girl stared at her. "I am so sorry this is happening. But don't worry you're gonna be okay. Alright? You're gonna be fine" Emily said.

"I'm scared" the girl cried.

"I know, baby. I know. But look, it's gonna be okay. We'll be okay" Emily said.

Suddenly Doyle walked back in.
"What have I said about lies, Emily?" Doyle said as he walked in. Bella moved to the corner. She was terrified.

"Leave her alone. She has nothing to do with this" Emily said sounding angry.

"Oh but you do." Doyle said pushing some sort of table inside.
"Do you know Isabella that your mother has a few tattoos?" Doyle asked the girl who just stayed quiet.
He walked to Emily, who was trying hard not to look scared. She had to be brave for Bella.
"I'm gonna give you one you'll never forget" Doyle said unbuttoning Emily's shirt showing her breasts.

"I think I have enough ink" Emily said trying to look tough.

"Who said anything about ink? In Korea they don't have that. They brand themselves" Doyle said. He pulled her head back. "The more you fight, the more this will hurt" he said and started branding a four leaf clover on her left breast.

Isabella covered her ears as her mother's screams filled the room.
Emily couldn't help it. It was hurting too much.

When Doyle finished with her he moved closer to Bella.

"No. Please. No. Don't hurt me" the little girl cried as he got closer and closer.

"Ian don't" Emily begged.

But it was in vain.
Doyle kneed down and turned Bella around. The girl couldn't control her body quite right yet because of the medicine. So she just laid there unable to fight him off.
Ian lifted the child's shirt revealing her pale lower back.

"Don't worry child, physical pain goes away" he said and started doing the same clover on Bella.

The girl screamed like never before. Her high pitched screams filled the room and made Emily shake.
Emily's heart sank at that sound.
She was powerless.

Doyle finished it and left the room, leaving Bella moaning on the mattress.

"Bells" Emily said trying hard not to cry.
The girl moved a little and looked at her.
The look on the child's face made Emily want to put a bullet through Doyle's head at that exact moment.
"It will go away. It will stop hurting, baby. I promise. Just hang in there" Emily said.

"Mommy. He's gonna kill us" the girl cried.

"I already said I won't kill you, didn't I?" Doyle said walking in again. Isabella looked away, terrified.

"You in the other hand" he said staring at Emily.

"So what do you want?" Emily asked angry.

"You to tell her the truth" Doyle said.

"What?" Emily asked.

"Does she know about your work back then? Does she knows what you used to do with me while she was home crying for her mommy?" Doyle said getting close to Emily's face.

Bella's eyes were widened.
The man looked at her and said "I see she doesn't".

There was another man at the door. The old man that got Bella, Liam.

"Take her to the other room" Doyle told him and he walked in to get the girl.

Bella struggled but she sat and went to the corner, and as the man held her arm to unchain her she started fighting him off.
Doyle got close to her and said "the machine is still on. We can do another one if you'd like".

The girl stopped fighting and Liam picked her up.
As he walked past Emily, Bella couldn't stand it. She just wanted her mom.

"Mom!" She cried and tried to touch Emily. "Mommy!" The girl screamed fighting to get to her.

"Stop it" Liam said and pressed her lower back where the branding was. The girl screamed really loud in pain and stopped fighting as he took her out.
Doyle followed them to the other room. Liam put Isabella down on the floor. The girl hugged her legs and tried hard to stop crying.

"I don't wanna hear one sound from you. Or you'll never EVER see her again. Do you hear me?" Doyle said close to her face as he chained her again.
The little girl nodded yes rapidly.
"Good girl" he said and walked out. Liam followed him.

"You just watch her. Nothing more" Doyle said serious and Liam went back inside the room and sat on a chair. He took his gun out and pointed at Bella.

"If you try anything, this goes straight in your head" he said and the little girl just hugged her legs scared.