Chapter 34: Chaos

"Bella, I'm sorry but she needs to go this time" Derek said feeling bad. He knew that if Garcia was going was because she really had to. He knew Hotch wouldn't have made her go if he had another option.

"No" Bella said and her eyes filled with tears. She wasn't ready. She didn't want them to leave. Both of them couldn't leave.

Derek wrapped her in his arms.
"It's okay, baby girl. We won't be long I promise" he said.

"Please don't go" Bella asked Penelope who had tears in her eyes too.

"You can stay with Hilary. We talked about this remember? You said it was okay if you had to stay with her" Derek said.

"If I had to stay with her after school not when you're traveling" Bella said crying as she let go of the hug.

"You can play with Chloe and watch movies. It's gonna be fun." Penelope said but Bella just kept crying.

"Bella, I'm sorry but we have to go. I know you understand that" Derek said.

"You can call and text us, okay? I'll be at the station and we'll be safe. You don't have to worry. Okay?" Penelope said. Bella just stayed quiet. "Okay?" Penelope asked again. Garcia really didn't want to go but she knew that sooner or later it would happen.

"Okay" Bella said. She knew she had to be brave. She hated but she knew she had to go because they'd go to work no matter what.

"Let's pack a bag. I'll help you" Derek said and went to Isabella's bedroom with her while Penelope packed too.
They finished and headed out. Penelope had texted Hilary already so the woman was waiting for them.

"Come on in" she said as she opened the door.

"Bella!" Millie said and ran to the girl. Millie wrapped her arms around Bella's waist. Bella jumped as her back hurt because the girl touched right at the bandage.

"Millie be careful" Hilary said pulling Millie away when she saw Bella's face.

"It's okay" Bella said trying to be tough.

"Chloe is in her room doing homework. You can go in" Hilary said. Bella hugged Derek and then Penelope.

"Be careful" she said as her eyes watered.

"We'll see you soon, pumpkin" Penelope said with a smile, trying to be tough too.

"Bye" Bella said and went to look for Chloe.

"Is she okay with staying here?" Hilary asked.

"Yeah. Your house is not the problem, she just doesn't want me to leave" Penelope said.

"It must be hard. It's the first time after what happened. She must be scared of everything still" Hilary said.

"Yeah" Penelope said.

"I'll make sure she calls you guys" Hilary said.

"I don't think you'll have any problems with that" Derek said and they smiled.

"Bye. Have a safe flight" Hilary said.

"Thank you" Penelope smiled and they left.

The rest of the day Bella was a mess. She couldn't really concentrate. She tried helping Chloe with her homework since she had already done hers but she kept forgetting the answers and getting mixed up. When Chloe finished the homework they sat to watch a movie and Bella couldn't really pay attention. They had pizza and Bella barely talked during dinner. The girls got ready for bed around 9:30 and Bella grabbed her blanket and laid on the bed.

"Goodnight guys" Hilary said.

"Goodnight" Chloe said.

Hilary waited for Bella's goodnight but the girl was lost in her thoughts. Hilary walked to the bed and sat next to Bella. The girl looked up.
"They'll be back soon. Don't worry" she told the girl.