Chapter 9: Only You

Her heart seemed to have stopped when she saw his face.
It was him.
It was Doyle and he wanted her to know he was there.
The car sprinted and right at that moment there was nothing she could do so she went back inside, got the package and went to the bathroom and opened it.
It was a flower and it had a paper clipped to it.

"Don't make this about anyone else or I will kill them. It's you I want. Only you, Lauren"

Her hands were shaking.
She flushed the note and threw the flower in the trash and went back to work.
He said it was only her he wanted so she knew nothing would happen at the BAU.

.

Later at night Penelope asked if Bella could have a sleep over with her at Derek's house. Emily was not very sure about it but she said yes. She felt like she could maybe try to find out more things about Doyle when Bella was with Penelope. Since they'd be at Derek's house she knew that they would protect Bella. Besides Doyle wanted her, no one else.

Around 8:45, when Bella and Garcia went home with Morgan, Emily texted Clyde. 'Meet me at the S/M now'.
S meant subway. The M meant which one.

Clyde sent back a 'yes'.

So Emily went to the subway.
She had been feeling like someone was always watching her and in the subway was no different.
She walked inside and sat. She was very tensed and scared but she tried not to show it. She waited for a long time and suddenly Clyde appeared next to her.

"So.." He said.

Suddenly Tsia sat in front of her and both stared at Emily waiting for her to talk.

"Doyle's here in DC" Emily said.

"How can you be so sure?" Clyde asked.

"I saw him. Earlier today... In front of the BAU." She told them and they looked very surprised. "He left a package for me with a flower and a note telling me not to tell anyone. Not to tell the team or he'd kill them" Emily said.

"Is he playing games with you?" Tsia asked.

"No" Clyde said and Emily shook her head.

"He's meticulous. He plans everything to the last detail." Emily said.

"That last detail being you" Clyde said.

"Did he mention your daughter?" Tsia asked.

"No." Emily said.

"Maybe you should tell your team" Tsia said.

"No. This isn't their fight. I won't get them on this, I can't take that risk" Emily said.

"If we stay together we can get him again" Tsia said.

"And look how that ended up" Emily said.

"Wait. When you went undercover I promised no one would harm you" Clyde said.

"I'm not undercover anymore" Emily said. "DC is my comfort zone. I'm not going to be waiting for him to come after me. Or even my child. This ends here." Emily said and walked out.

She walked to a coffee shop and called Morgan. Then she went to his house. She couldn't leave Bella, she just needed to have her daughter next to her that night.

.

"Join us Prentiss" Morgan said when he opened the door.
Suddenly Penelope and Bella appeared, they had matching batman onesies on.

"Oh my god" Emily smiled and walked in.

"They got me one too. Do you wanna wear it? It didn't fit me and it will look way better on you" Morgan said.