Chapter 27

"Lucas!" Maya yelled as she jumped on the bed, waking up the messy haired Lucas. "I finished!" She jumped up and down and squealed as he was just waking up. "Thats great darling." Lucas' voice was groggy from the lack of sleep. Riley and Farkle wandered in, confused by the sudden noise in the bedroom. "What are you doing?" Riley said eying Maya sitting on Lucas' lap.

She scurried over to where Riley and Farkle stood. "I finished my book!" She couldn't help but smile. "Maya thats great, you've been working on it for a long time." Farkle smiled and waved as he left to go back to sleep. By now Lucas was the computer in the corner of the room, reading from where he left off. "These characters you made up, Zay and Smackle they are really funny. I like Zay." He laughed but kept reading.

"Now I just have to call Rachel and have her team proofread it before it gets sent to publishing." Maya picked up her phone, searching for the number. "Its two in the morning. She's not going to answer." Lucas said while still reading the compelling story.

"Lets just go back to bed, you never even slept." He finally moved away from the dimly lit computer and pulled Maya towards the bed, still warm from when he was lying there. "You take such good care of me." Maya whispered climbing into bed. You could hear the drowsiness in her voice. "Anything for you, pretty girl." Lucas whispered in her ear as she curled up onto his side.