Chapter 17

RILEY'S POV

"Lucas I need to talk to you." I dragged him upstairs into my room, slamming the door behind me.

"Time to play truth or dare, or maybe just dare 'cause nobody really tells me the truth anymore."

"Riley I can explain." His words were quick. "Don't bother! I feel like an idiot! I am so oblivious that I can't even tell when my boyfriend is in love with my best friend." I wasn't angry, really I just didn't know what to feel.

"Riley," He talked like he needed to continue, but I stopped him. "Go get her." He looked relieved and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too, but its not the same, it never has been."

LUCAS' POV

I guess I was never confused. I just hid my feelings from myself to save Riley. But It was clear now.

Maya had a lead on me but her car was still in the driveway. I was worried she was going to get frostbite. It was easier to follow her footprints in the thin snow than to drive around.

Suddenly the footprints stopped but I couldn't see her. I hoped I had followed the right ones, they were small, just like her feet. It had been snowing pretty hard and she had only made it about a block. I was kicking through the snow until I hit something I assumed was just part of the hill.
Turns out bodies are not made of dirt.

MAYA'S POV

The tears that ran down my cold cheeks froze instantly, and my pace was slow. It had begun to snow hard since I walked outside. I started to shake uncontrollably and I was walking all over the place. I looked around seeing car headlights flash alongside a row of snow-covered trees.

FARKLE'S POV

We were sitting on the couch, just talking unlike usually. The front door burst open sending a chill through the kitchen and living room, but thats not what bothered us. Lucas ran in carrying Maya in his arms, she was covered in snow.

Smackle and I moved from the couch and he set her down. I walked over to close the door but came back quickly. "Lucas, how do you explain this one?" He looked at me, his arms shaking. "I found her covered in snow. She left five minutes before me."

Zay and Smackle had gone to work covering her in blankets and bringing the space heater to her side. "This isnt going to be as affective if shes in freezing cold clothes." I pointed out. By now Riley was here watching everything unfold.

"Smackle and I will grab her new clothes and..." She looked over at Lucas. "Will you carry her back to her bedroom?" They didn't seem awkward after their breakup which was helpful. We all stood in her room helping cover her in blankets.

LUCAS' POV

You see, Maya isn't heavy, shes like a puppy. But she was covered in snow and my arms were freezing. Except for I would have carried her to mars if thats what it took.

Everyone was helpful, with their blankets and such. Slowly as the evening moved on they filtered out. First Zay, then Smackle and Farkle who now shared his room. Then it was just Riley and I.

"You really like her." I smiled but didn't move. "Yea." I could tell she was hurt. "I'm sorry." She moved closer to my side.

"I know." The fact that she only said 'I know' bothered my but I didn't want to show it. "I'm going to go to bed, are you gonna be okay?" She stood up. "I'll be fine." I stood up as well and gave her a hug. "And so will Maya." She smiled at me as she walked out and shut the door.

I didn't want to leave her alone, so I crawled into bed and fell asleep quickly.

MAYA'S POV

I bolted awake causing a figure beside me to move. I quickly noticed it was Lucas. I checked the clock '2:38' "Great" I whispered to myself. I moved most of the blankets onto the floor. Then crawled back to the warmth of the bed.

Lucas was in the perfect position for me to lay on him. I rest my head gently on his chest and pulled my body close to his, carful not to wake him. As I was drifting off I felt his arm wrap around me.

LUCAS' POV

I woke up early, accidentally. Maya was still asleep so I went to get coffee. As I was walking out the door I could hear her shuffling slightly in the bed.

I came back with two mugs, both from Disney world. I sat down next to her. She sat up and rested her back against the headboard. She grabbed the mug and smiled. "Morning." Her voice was soft.

"How do you feel?" It was an obvious question. "Happy." She smiled and I sat up next to her. Her smile slid away. She looked in my direction but her mind was somewhere else.

"Is this real?" She was tracing her finger around the rim of the mug. "What do you mean?" I wanted to say yes, but I wasnt exactly sure what she was saying. "You have been back and fourth with Riley and I all year. But right now your here with me. Does that mean-" I cut her off knowing exactly what she meant. "Yes. Maya Hart will you be my girlfriend?" She giggled and gave me a hug. "I'm never gonna leave you Penelope."

"Oh my god. Riley!" She jumped up leaving the mug on the nightstand.

RILEY'S POV

You see, it was seven o'clock in the morning and Maya jumped on me.

"Lucas and I are official!" She yelped then rolled over and lay next to me. "Hey your alive, and yea, I'm aware he told me last night." I was still tired but fully aware of her presence. "Wait so you knew Lucas and I were official before I knew Lucas and I were official." I groaned. "Sí"

MAYAS POV

I was so excited I wanted to shout from rooftops. All that was racing through my head was, whats next?

I texted mom and Shawn, saying I was finally happy with the guy of my dreams.

Maya: "...and I love him."
Shawn: "Your only 20, you don't know love yet."

I got angered easily, Cory and Topanga have loved each other forever, this isn't fair. They always say I don't understand love yet, that im too young, but they dont get it. The difference between liking someone and someone you can imagine spending you life with.

(a/n)
Instagram > sabrinas_mirage