Chapter 20

RILEY'S POV

"Im gonna kill him." Maya was walking back in forth in the living room, looking out the window every few seconds.

"Where could they possibly be? Its been almost an hour!" She was frantic and it bothered me. "Peaches they will be here just cal-" Before I could finish my phone started ringing. I lunged for my phone hoping it was one of the boys.

Me: "Shawn?"
Shawn: "Farkle and Lucas were in an accident."
I felt my chest tighten.
Me: "Im coming."
Shawn: "Riley wait-"
I hung up and Maya stared at me with wide eyes.

"They were in an accident. Lucas and Farkle." I stuttered the whole way through the sentence, watching the happiness pour out of her with every word. She collapsed onto her knees and cupped her mouth with her hands. Tears slowly poured down her face, silently.

She just stared out the window, biting her nail. "I can't loose him Riley" Her voice was rough. Proving she hadn't stopped crying. "I know honey."

MAYA'S POV

Riley dropped me of at the door, I told her I could wait but she insisted. I think she was scared, scared of something happening to Farkle. My heart pounded as I walked through the front doors.

The lady at the front desk said Farkle had been released already and I was relieved instantly.

"Maya, I'm sorry, I-" I turned around and ran into his arms. I started crying again unable to stop. "Thank god your okay. What happened?" I pulled away just enough that I could see his face. I now saw the small cuts that lined the left side of his cheekbone and temple. There were bruises down his left arms as well.

"Lucas was driving and there was this semi truck," I moved my hand to my mouth, turning into his side slightly. He started to choke and stutter as he finished. "The other driver ran a red light and hit Lucas." My legs went numb and Farkle had to catch me. Riley walked in, eyes widened.

Farkle had moved me to the seat at the end of the row and talked with Riley.

FARKLE'S POV

I looked over at Maya, she had pulled herself into a ball. She looked up when Shawn and Katy ran in from doors opposite of the front desk. She ran into Shawn's arms. "Are you okay, kiddo?" Maya was still crying, creating a wet spot on his shirt. She pulled from him slightly.

"I will be when I see Lucas." He looked over at Katy and sighed. "Maya... you can't see him yet." She looked horrified. "What? No, I have to." She started crying again and I saw Riley look away. "Lucas' injuries are too severe for anyone to see him right now." I could see the rage growing in her eyes.

She started hitting his chest and yelling at him. He didn't stop Maya, just tried. She was like that for a few minutes, people starting staring. "Maya!" He grabbed her wrists, making her look up. He wrapped her into a hug again.

Shawn had moved her to a couch in the back corner. She fell asleep quickly.

RILEY'S POV

It was hard seeing Maya so upset. I was lucky that Farkle is okay. But Lucas was hit dead on. I can't imagine whats going on in her head.

"Lucas Friar's family?" We all stood up at once, except Maya. "You can see him now, room 212." We all followed her down the long hallway until we were a few doors away. "Currently he's breathing with help from a machine. The doctors said he could be in a coma for a few days or a few weeks. I'm sorry."

I hadn't cried yet. But when we walked up to the window I couldn't help it. Seeing him lying there. He had cuts along his face, his arm lay there in a cast. There was a long piece of tape and gauze' just above his eye. Farkle was standing behind me. When I started crying he scooped me into a hug and held me there.

He led me to the cafeteria, knowing I couldn't see him yet. Shawn and Katy followed.

MAYA'S POV

When I woke up the lobby was almost empty. I had calmed down but I was still worried. "Maya Hart?" I looked around until I saw the lady at the front desk starting at me. "Lucas Friar is ready to be seen now. Room 212." I scoffed remembering the horrible experience I had there.

I walked down the hallway slowly. I was almost at the room when I noticed the bathroom. I decided to go in, really for no reason. I caught my face in the mirror. Black lines running down my cheek, redness showing above my foundation. My hair was a tangled mess and there was a small splotch of blood surrounding my eye. I splashed my face with water, cleaning up some of the desperation.

I saw the tag on the door before I saw Lucas. I had looked in the folder on the door to see what had broken.

I walked in the door and saw him laying there. I slid my back against the door, breathing hard. I rested my arm on my knees and buried my hands on my forehead.

Slowly I moved to the chair next to the bed. I took a deep breath and grabbed his hand. "The paper said you might be able to hear me." My tears fell silently once again.

"Lucas." I choked out. "You said you wouldn't leave me. I need you, I need you now more than ever." My voice raised from the whisper I was using before. I began to get upset.

"Don't do this to me. I sound so stupid, a twenty two year old girl in love." I sniffled. "They said we wouldn't make it, but to prove them wrong you need to be here. I rather face the worst with you than to never have you. You said you would never leave me! Wake up!" I crawled up and laid next to him. Unable to do anything else.