Chapter 26

-October 14, 2017-

MAYA'S POV

I grasped onto Shawn's arm holding the white roses in my other hand. The big wooden doors opened and I saw him. The music started and we walked slowly. There were small red petals scattered on the floor. I spotted Ava and winked at her. His eyes looked as though they were melting. It took everything out of me to not cry. We reached the steps and I gave Shawn a kiss on the cheek and a hug. He had tears in his eyes as he moved to his seat.

Looking over at Riley in line she has small drops falling on her face, swiping them away quickly. Smackle looked so proud. I walked up the small amount of steps to the top of the podium. I grasped onto his hands, and stared into his eyes. I has zoned out what the official was saying. "And they have prepared their own vows," I snapped back into reality drawing back everything I had written for this moment.

"Three years ago I sat in a hospital room. I looked at your goofy smile and I saw how scared you were. I told you that without you I go insane, and I wasn't lying. And we fought for a little while. Then one day when we were home alone you spit out a list, of the all the little things you notice I do. Before I knew it, you were so close to being taking from me, I couldn't breathe. But you opened your green eyes and saved me for the third time."

"This world is harsh and cruel but if you are lucky, and I mean if you're the luckiest person on the planet, the person you love decides to love you back. I was lucky, I found a quote that I know means a lot to you.
At this moment there are 7,479,502,421 people in the world, some are running scared, some are coming home, some tell lies just to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth, some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil. Seven billion people in the world. Seven billion souls. And sometimes, all you need is one. I was lucky Maya, I found that one in a million."

"You may kiss the bride." There were cheers all around and I couldn't help smile instead off kiss. "It's hard to kiss when you're busy laughing." He whispered. I giggled then kissed him for real. We ran down the steps and out the door, to the fancy old car, the kind I like. Laughing the whole time. He helped me with my dress into the small passenger seat and he ran around to the drivers side.

The engine started and the clapping and hollering got quieter as we drove. "You and me." I whispered as I gripped his hand and leaned my head on his shoulder.