Chapter 8

RILEYS POV

I could not have grabbed my phone any faster than that moment right there. I immediately started to cry as I read. Lucas was looking over my shoulder so I got up and walked up towards the window. My hand covered my mouth and tears streamed down. I kept my eyes shut and I felt Lucas' arms wrap around me from behind.

I twisted in his grip and buried my head in his chest. I started to go limp causing Lucas to loose balance. He sat down, I was still in his grasp when he whispered in my hear. "Its gonna be okay" He didn't see the text. I handed Farkle the phone. I quieted my sobs so we could her.

"Its from Josh" I felt Lucas tense and heard Farkle's confusion. "he said 'Mayas in the hospital don't tell Lucas' Oh, I wasn't supposed... to tell Lucas" He sat down unable to stand.

I felt colder once Lucas pulled away. I could hear the rage in his breathing as he grabbed his car keys and took off. I looked at Farkle, I didn't even have to say anything. "Ill take you." He walked over and helped me up.

LUCAS' POV

I didn't even park. I pulled right in front of the hospital and got out of my car, key in the ignition. I ran inside until I spotted the font desk. I was out of breath but I talked anyway

"Maya Hart" I gasped between breaths. "Family only" The lady behind the desk certainly wasn't in any rush. "I am family" I growled. "Room 212, down the hall to your right" Nothing else was on my mind other than what the hell Josh was doing with Maya, and what he did to her.

I read the tags next to the doors '177' '184', then I turned the corner and saw him. I was still running but not as fast. "Your are so damn lucky we are in a hospital, Matthews!" I shouted down the hall. I picked up my pace getting angrier each step. "Look man, let me tell you the story"

I was right in front of him now. "Like how you could have texted Riley THREE DAYS AGO?" "What the hell did you do to her?" I was full out yelling at this point. Luckily there was no one there. "Lucas she came to me and said not to tell you guys, especially you."

I didn't look at him, I was staring at Maya through the window where we were standing. Just seeing her made me calmer. "She had that right or I would have pounded your face in three days ago."

"Go get Riley, she should be on her way with Farkle"

I walked in the room, turning around making sure he had left. I held onto her hand. That was the first time I had ever cried.

RILEY'S POV

"Is that Lucas' car?" I was pointing to the truck with the door wide open, still running. "Yeah, but ill take care of it" I looked at him. "But, Maya." "Go get her and make sure Josh is still breathing" I kissed him on the cheek and ran inside.

"Maya Hart" I panted. "Family only." She groaned. "I wouldn't test me right now." I glared at her. "212. Down the hall to your right." She seemed unimpressed.

I saw Josh turn the corner, he looked relieved to see me. I was still down the hall a ways. I kept going, right past him. "Riley..." I couldn't believe he wanted to talk to me now. I stopped and turned. "You may be my uncle" I walked closer. "But we are not family" I turned the corner and made my way to her room.

I saw Lucas through the window. He was sitting in the chair next to the bed, both hands holding her own. He has brought them to his forehead, teardrops fell to the ground forming little puddles.

I opened the door, trying not to scare him. "Lucas Friar crying, thats a sight for sore eyes." He looked at me and let go of her hand. I couldn't help but cry seeing her lay there unconscious. I buried my face in his chest once again scared to look up.

"Chill, i'm not dead."

(a/n) Sorry for not updating yesterday & a big thanks to the 40-ish of you that have gotten this far, its gonna be a wild ride.