chapter eighteen: taken

*penelope's P.O.V*

I walked with shawn through a park, taking a really nice trail.
Our hands intertwined together.

"Hey shawn?" I asked softly

"Yes love?" He smiled slightly looking down at me.
"What are we?" I asked.

"Whatever you want us go be." "Cheesy.....but in all seriousness what are we shawn?"

"Well I was hoping I could finally change your contact name to girlfriend and call you cute little pet names but-"
"I'd love to." I smiled biting my lip.

"Wait like.....seriously?" I nodded in response.

"I didn't think that would work holy crap." Shawn and i sat on a bench. He wrapped his arms around me staring at the lititle kids playing on the playground and parents playing with them.

"Penelope do you want ice cream?" Shawn smiled at me.

"Heck yeah I do."

"Okay wait here." Shawn kissed my lips softly walking over to the ice cream stand by the playground.

I watched shawn with a smile before a white rag clasped over my nose, and some sort of smell filled it making me scream and yell before I quickly fainted.

                     *shawn's P.O.V*

I turned around holding an ice cream for penelope and me to see she wasn't at the bench. All that was there was her phone.

"PENELOPE!" I yelled looking around. I serrated walking back down the trail we took continuing to yell "PENELEOPE!" Over and over again until my voice started cracking. I couldn't breathe. I finally got her back and she's gone again.

My phone started buzzing non stop in my pocket and I snarled at the name that lit up my screen.

"Where is she?"I asked plainly.

"That's not how the game works shawn."
"You're a fucking jackass......where is she? I'm not gonna lose her again."

"Too bad she's with me.....where you'll never find her." I started yelling into the phone realizing the line went dead. I got two texts from matthew. Pictures of penelope strapped against the wall. She was crying and from I could tell screaming.

And then I got a video.

"YOU'RE SICK!" Penelope screamed her voice cracking.

"Thanks shawn i'm gonna have a lot of fun with her tonight." The video stopped with darkness.

I went back to the motel throwing things around breaking things.

I looked at penelope's phone on her bed.
I walked over to it unlocking the screen. I went to her gallery staring at the pictures in her camera. They were of sunsets and sunrises. Some of were her and her brother, smiling lpoking happy enjoying their life.

All i could stare at was her. Her icy blue eyes, her plump pink lips, her beautifully rare smile. I missed everything even though she's been gone for a couple of hours.

As I scrolled through more pictures the more I saw of cutting. I could see the two sdes of penelope right now. The happy fake one and the depressed real one.

Pictures of sunsets and sunrises along with fields of daises and roses, mainly tumblr stuff that reminds me of her.

I looked at more of her apps like her tumblr filled with love quotes that she wrote and her istragram eoth a couple selfies but mainly tumvlr like pictures and crazy things. and her snapchat memories filled with video's of her.

"Charlie please record." Lenelope said softly handing him her pgone he groaned in annnoyance watching as she walked to the trampoline. Snow covered in it. She jumped as hard as she could making the snow flooring break and her fall, erupting in giggles.

I went to her coice recordings next to see if there were anything there. I pressed the most recent one, five days ago.

"Dear shawn.......you'll probably never hear this but..." she sighed softly taking in a deep breath.

"I don't know what happened. We were friends one day and i blinked and you hated me again like it was a dream.
I enjoyed the little friendship we got but......please let it go back to the way it was five days ago. I miss you and i want to get better from my depression and i honestly think that..........you're the cure......if you do get to hear this for god knows what reason i want you to know that i love you....which is also sort of weird since we just became friends but.....i love you and thank you for the small glimpse of a normal life."

I didn't realize I was crying until a tear drop hit the phone screen.
I sniffled loudly.
"Penelope i'm gonna find you.....i promise.