chapter eleven: blackmail

*shawn's P.O.V*

I grabbed a boutique of roses sniffling them. A sweet scent filled my nose and a smile appeared on my face.

I was going ot hang out with penelope since she wanted to hang out today. O decided on giving her a little surprise.....i just love the way her smile looks. And I love to see her happy.

I handed the store clerk the money walking out of the store when a voice stopped me.
"Hey shawn." Matthew smirked at me.

"Fuck off matthew." I said instantly.

"Maybe I shouldn't especially after you interupted penelope and i on saturday."

"You should matthew......you have no reason to be talking to me."
"And why is that?"

"You hurt someone I really do care for."

"Really since when?"

"Since I put her in the hospital."

"Do you seriously believe she'll ever forgive you for that shawn?" Matthew questioned. "Yes."

"You think you have more of a chance than me?"
"Yes I do matthew." I said annoyed.

"Do you remember when someone i n our school was handing out drugs?"

"Sure." I mumbled, I felt my cheeks getting hot from nervousness

"I know who it was."
"Then tell me." I smiled in amusement.

"You."

The smirk dissapeared from my face.

"You don't have proof."

"Oh I do.......i hacked into he school's security cameras and you're everwhere......see" Matthew showed me his phone. On the screen there i was handing bags and pills.

"You shawn will do whatever and everything I say for for now on." Matthew folded his arms over his chest.

"And why is that?"

"I know your secret.....just a simple email to the principal with this video and you're expelled."

"You can't show that to them." I said instantly.

"Then do everything I say.....and you'll get the phone.." He smirked.

"Now.....deed number one is to not show up to penelope's house. You will ignore her, and push her away. Things will go back to he way they were and i'll be the one she loves."

"I-I can't do that......i just got her back." I whispered

"Things don't always go the way they're planned too shawn." Matthew grabbed the roses out of my hand walking towards his car.

I sighed softly.

"I'm an idiot." I mumbled. I only started selling drugs to get money for my sister. Her birthday and my mom's and my dads. Things have been rough for us lately......and I just wanted to make them all smile again.

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket pulling it out to see penelope's picture run across my screen. She was claling. I looked up to see matthew staring at me.

I turned off the screen shoving my phone back into my pocket.