chapter fifteen: truth comes out

*shawn's P.O.V*

I waited for penelope on my porch tapping my foot inpatiently and then I saw her, in her beauty walking over to me.

I know it's better this way telling her the truth so I don't have to hurt her anymore

"What do you want to tell me?" She sat next to me.

"Matthew's been blackmailing me."I pulled out my phone showing her the texts.

"What? Why?" She questioned softly.

"I sold drugs to people for a while....not only that it whatever they needed, cigaretres, alcohol drugs."

"Why shawn?" She tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

"My parents had been losing a lot of money and they couldn't afford anything so I took matters into my own hands......and Matthew knew somehow. He hacked into the security cameras after the school found out someone was selling drugs and was gonna have to go the jail."

"That's why you stopped talking to me?" She asked.

"I know it's fucked up.....but I didn't want to choose my secret over you.....if I didn't things would get worse for my family.".

"I understand shawn." Penelope smiled weakily.

"Really?"

"Mhmmm."

"God matthew is terrible." She stared at my phone.

"Letting you lose the fight wow."

"It was his plan.....he wanted to take your virginity and make you feel terrible...I guess.." Shawn mumbled.

"I have something to tell you too." Penelope filled with her fingers.

"What?"

"I cut myself.......b-because of you." I could feel the color draining out of my skin as penelope lifted up her sleeve showing her arm.

"I-I made you do that?" I whispered slow tears blurring my vision as she nodded her head up and down.

"I'm so so sorry penelope." I softly grabbed her arm kissing her pale skin.

She giggled lightly.

"Never will you ever do this to yourself okay?"

"Okay shawn."

"I'm gonna take all your razors and everything else." She nodded in response with a small smile

"So things can go back to the way they were? When we were friends?" Penelope asked softly.

"Of course but I have something for you." I smiled.

"What?" Penelope questioned as I softly pressed my lips onto hers.

She kissed me back instantly and I could feel her smiling within the kiss.

I could feel my phone buzzing within my lap mumbling a "Sorry." To penelope before breaking away from her.

"Oh shit."
I whispered
"What?" She questioned as I handed her my phone.

"Shawn Peter raul mendes has been dealing with drugs, alcohol and cigarettes around pine view high school For eight months. For proof I attached a video of him dealing with items with fellow students." Penelope read aloud gasping.

"Oh my god." She whispered.

"What do we do now?" Penelope questioned looking into my eyes.

"Run away." I said softly.