Substitute teachers

I just hate it when I get substitute teachers-not because they're bad (Oh who am I kidding?)

They can't freaking teach.

My new substitute teacher is 19 years old (that's right, she's teaching me for 3 months and she's just slightly older than I am). That's not the worst part though, she's teaching me my worst subject and she just reads off of the slides or copies the whole slide onto the board (note: I'm just combining some of my substitute teachers together here).

I know what is on the slide! I'm not blind. You don't have to waste three quarters of the lesson reading off of the slide when you could be teaching me something!

Oh yeah, I hate it when they give out worksheets and tell you to do them during the lesson. When you ask them to help you, they then say that in the "real world" nobody is going to help you solve calculus. How the hell do you expect us to learn anything this way?

Also, I can't stand it when they mumble. They'll just be rambling on about nothing and don't do anything when the class tells them to speak up. 

This is a typical lesson.

"So today, we'll be learning about...and that's how you do it!"

Seriously, how do you expect me to learn anything when your mumbling to yourself the whole time?

I was just thinking, "Well I'm f***ed" the whole lesson.

Another thing is, we don't have a permanent teacher yet so we'll get two substitute teachers (imagine the horror) a year. 

Sometimes, I wonder how I manage to keep my grades up...

*Cough*

You know what else I hate? It's when they boast about which university they're going to. Honestly, we don't care if you go to Oxford or Harvard, we just want you not to be boring and actually teach us something.

For those who don't even bother to teach-I have nothing to say to you. Some of these teachers let you watch YouTube videos and stuff during the whole lesson. I get that you want us to like you but when we get an F, we're going to strongly dislike you-even more than we did previously (I feel uncomfortable using the word hate in this circumstance).

Every once in a while (Thank God), I'll get a substitute teacher who really hates teaching us. You can tell from that menacing look in their eyes, the frown that makes them look impossibly old-ok, I'll stop now.

To be honest, not every substitute teacher is bad but no one wants to hear any positive anecdotes right?

Question of the day: What do you hate about substitute teachers?

 <3 Jally