"Why the fuck you botherin' her? She'on be doin' shit but mindin' her business" he said and pushed her back towards where her friends were. I was surprised at two things. One, Boyd was sticking up for me. And two, no security guards had come to see what was up.

"The bitch been trynna fuck around with my boyfriend! She deserve her ass beat" Jamina yelled.

Boyd turned around to look at me. I shook my head no. "I told you before, I dont want anything to do with your boyfriend. I tutor him. Thats it" I said.

"Bitch you a lie. Why you was at his house this weekend?" Jamina said.

Boyd stared between the both of us clearly amused.

"She a whole ass lie" Jamina's friend Erika chimed in. I glared at them both.

Boyd laughed and looked at me, then back at Jamina. "Man, she wasnt wit' yo nigga. Trust me."

"Yes the fuck she was. He aint wanna chill with me, so she had to be wit' him. Thats the only way he would say no" Jamina tried to argue. She was obviously insecure and from what Cato had told me, they were no longer even a thing. Unless he was lying, she was crazy.

"Nah, she been with me this whole weekend, so how she was at his house?" he said. My eyes widened.

"How she was with you and you dont even like her? Matter fact, why you even takin' up for her?" she put her hand on her hip and leaned waiting for an answer.

"She my girl. Fuck you mean?" Boyd said. Everybody looked shocked as heck, including me. Boyd had just publicly said I was his girlfriend. Surprisingly, I wasnt uncomfortable that he had said that, but more uncomfortable that the part of the cafeteria that was listening was getting a nice cup of tea.

"Nuh uh" Erika squinted.

Boyd sucked his teeth. "Tell 'em baby. Ion know why you wanted us to keep this shit a secret" he turned around and to me and winked.

I went along with it. "Yeah, we've been together for a bit now" I said hoping Jamina would believe it and leave me alone finally.

The bell rang and I thanked God it did. Jamina rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Just stay away from Cato" she said before her and her minions walked away. I let out a deep sigh. Boyd grabbed my hand and pulled me with him out the cafeteria. I was trying to ask him where we were going but he was walking so fast that I could barely get the question out.

We ended up at his car, where he unlocked and opened the door for me to get in. I just stared at him confused. He pulled off his bomber jacket and handed it to me. "Put it on and get in the car" he chuckled and walked to the driver's side. I did as he said and put on the jacket then slid into the car.