Chapter 44: His Big Heart

Your POV

        I woke up in Mark's bed the day after the video, feeling the warmth of the blankets around me. I only barely remember Mark carrying me up to bed after Mark, me, and all of his friends had decided to have a movie marathon. I rubbed my eyes slightly and suddenly felt a wave of awful come over me. First my head began to ache, then I felt cold, and everything felt swimmy. I called weakly to Mark, who was standing in the bathroom doorway. He turned to look at me and saw my distressed expression. He nearly ran over to me as he cupped my cheek in his hand, caressing it gently with his thumb.
         "What's the matter, (Y/n)?" He asked, staring into my eyes. I told him that I didn't feel well and he instantly got this hard look in his eyes. He stood up and went back to the bathroom, leaving me confused whilst I lay in paralyzed discomfort.

Mark's POV

        I scrambled around the medicine cabinet, desperately trying to find some sort of medicine for my "dying" girlfriend. I know what it's like to be sick like this. The whining, complaining, the way you always feel as if you're about to die. I finally found something that might help; a bottle of headache medicine. I brought it over to her and helped her sit up.
        "Thank you, Mark. I'm sorry for bothering you so early in the morning..." (Y/n) groaned out. I shook my head.
        "No, don't apologize. It isn't your fault you got sick." I replied softly, handing her one of the pills. (Y/n) looked up at me and asked something that I'd never wanted to hear.
        "Mark," She began, staring at the pill in my hand, "Does that have (random thing that medicine has that you're allergic to (and if you're not allergic to anything in medicine I'm sorry))?" I retracted my hand, putting the pill back in the bottle.
        "Yeah, yeah it, um... it does..." I responded, letting my head fall. I was thinking about my next move. I ran back to the bathroom, grabbing a rag and letting the warm water run. I rang it out slightly, then went back to where (Y/n) was lying. I folded the rag in half and carefully put it on her forehead. She looked up at me from under the rag, smiling weekly.

        "I'm going to go get you some medicine from the store, oka-" I tried, but she interrupted me.

        "No," She said, her voice raspy, "Please just stay here with me... I don't want to be alone." I looked at her, shocked at what she'd just said. My surprise slowly dwindled into worry.

        "O-okay... I'll stay with you." I promised, sitting down next to her. For the rest of the day I read her funny Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram posts, causing her to laugh for but a moment. I didn't even make a video, I just watched videos and social media with her, making or giving her food if she got hungry. Eventually, the two of us fell asleep, with her wrapped in my arms. I have to keep her safe, that's all I even want to do anymore.