Chapter 37: The Dreaded Day

(Okay, this chapter is probably going to be slightly unrealistic to make it more fun and interesting for you... hope you like it.)

I woke up slowly, my eyes half lidded. I got off the bed, feeling the cold engulf my body as I got out from under the blankets. I trudged over to the bathroom mirror.
"God, I'm hideous..." I groaned, looking at my lions main of hair and wearing the clothes from yesterday.
"I think you look beautiful no matter what." A deep voice mumbled from behind me. I turned my head to see Mark sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing his eyes and yawning. I turned away from him and looked back in the mirror, I was still hugging myself due to the frigid air of morning. I looked down and was about to grab my toothbrush to get ready for the day and actually look like a decent human being when I suddenly felt a pair of strong arms lock around me and a head rest on my shoulder.
"Good morning, Markimoo." I said with a giggle, I wasn't as cold as I had been before. Mark leaned forward a little and kissed my cheek.
"I'm gonna go get dressed while you use this, mmkay?" And with that his arms slowly retracted and left to get changed, leaving me cold again. I brushed my teeth and hair and managed to get the sleepy look off my face.
A couple minutes after I finished Mark came into view wearing a black button up shirt over a plain red one and a pair of navy blue pants. I whistled.
"Snazzy." I proclaimed, scanning the outfit again.
"You checkin' me out?" Mark asked, flexing and striking a pose. I giggled a little.
"So what if I am? You are my boyfriend, after all. Why shouldn't I?" Mark just smiled at me.
"You should probably go get changed too. Wouldn't wanna be late for brunch." He inquired, looking at my outfit.
"Oh, yeah! You're right!" I jumped slightly and nearly ran to the closet. I looked around for a moment to see what I had. I finally ended up choosing a (fave dark color) dress with a black headband and (fave dark color) shoes. I slowly walked out and heard Mark whistle as I had.
"Snazzy." He mocked, I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Whatever, let's just go." I demanded jokingly. Mark linked arms with me as we walked out the door and we stayed linked all the way to the car.
"So, where are we going?" I asked Mark, he just glanced at me and smirked.
"I actually don't know," he answered truthfully. "I only got directions to where it is, my family is very tricky sometimes." He chuckled a little and I couldn't help but smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who would've guessed!?
It's *gasp*
A time skip!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the restaurant about 10 minutes before Mark's family was supposed to be there. Mark decided to use this opportunity to tell me a little about them. After that, we finally went inside, Mark's family still wasn't there. We waited a while before they finally got in.
"Sorry we're late." Mark's mom said. Looking a little stressed out. (I don't know her name... we'll just go with Mary for now. Of any of you know her actual name, please let me know in the comments.) Mark's brother stood next to her, he was eying me down, watching everything I did. I looked down at the table and awkwardly played with my napkin.
"So, you must be (Y/n). Mark's told me all about you!" She held out her hand for me to shake, I reached up and gave her a firm handshake. She beamed down at me and took her seat. Tom (Mark's brother) (I know his name.) sat next to me. He gave me a death go are for a split second before looking away from me and to his mom.
"How have the two of you been? I hope that nothing... bad has happened these passed few months." Mary sighed, looking down. She must know about everything that's been going on.
"Everything's been fine, mom. Me and (Y/n) have been having a lot of fun." He explained, putting his arm around me. I leaned into him. Again, Tom glared at me out of the corner of his eye. I'm starting the get the feeling that he doesn't like me much.

We talked for a little while before it was time to go. I couldn't shake this weird feeling I had, why did Tom hate me so much. I would ask him but I feel like he's just being a good brother and looking out for Mark. He has had his heart broken before and I'm sure Tom wouldn't want that to happen to Mark again. Still, I wish he didn't hate me so much.

Sorry about the weird and extremely short chapter. Hope you people enjoyed. Gotta run! Bye ma Mellow Shmallows! :3