Chapter 20: Irene Rose

Dedicated: beccac3318     Bam-girl  cake_n_cookies02  LWO331 thanks for voting and commenting babes

Alpha James had left me for the whole evening, he was attending a pack meeting and had left one of his warriors to babysit me, it was clear he didn't truly trust me, but it made it less lonely in this homey place. I was grateful he gave me David, the one that escorted me to Alpha James' house, it meant I would see a familiar face.

I sat in the room, love the look of a vintage, yet clean look. It was small compared to the room I had been accustomed to before, with a double bed with white and beige sheets, a cupboard which was old and the paint was starting to fade and a mirror which hung across from the bed. It was a nice look and it felt like a home I could live in.

David was sitting on a small stool in the corner of the room closest to the door, his eyes looking bored as he eyed me. 

"Can we get my hair dyed?" I asked, wanting a new look for myself as I am in a new territory. David's gaze looked at my curious eyes and I watched as one eyebrow pointed questionable up. 

"At this time of day? It's 6 pm, most of the shops would be closed," he replied and shrugged, looking at the black watch on his wrist. I sagged my shoulders in defeat and looked out the window where I had the view of the whole pack which was still alight with colours and a few people walking about.

"I just wanted a new look for myself so I could forget the past." I sighed, my mind wandering back to Alpha Archer's pack. 

'Stop thinking about him. He is no use for you." I scolded in my mind and pushed my thoughts away and focused on the current moment.  I caught David's softened expression as he sighed deeply and gave me a sympathetic look.

"I think I can help you with that. My aunt is a hairdresser, maybe she can make you up with a new hairdo if you'd like," he suggested and stood up, brushing non-existent fluff off his trousers and opened my bedroom door, escorting my out.

"Really?" I said, surprised as I followed him out of the room and shut the door behind me. I was surprised at the connections he has, I mean who magically has a hairdresser aunt when I ask for one. That's right, David. I smiled brightly and ran quickly down the staircase in excitement and laughed once I reached the floor, my mood escalated by a hundred.

I heard David chuckle behind me as he took out the Alpha's keys and opened the front door, I watched as his eyes glazed over, mind-linking his Alpha of what we were about to do. "Alpha says we can go, I'll mind-link my auntie," he says as we shut the door behind us, making sure to lock it before we headed off the front porch and onto the streets.

"Sure," I replied back and walked behind him down the street. Crystal Waters pack was beautiful at night, fairy lights and old lamp posts illuminated the streets and the greenery made the whole area look like fairies were living here. It truly looked magical and peaceful, the kids ran around freely as adults chatted as they walked down the brightly lit street. I was truly beginning to love it here.

I followed David in a small store, a place where I had seen went I arrived here. Like all the other stores, it was encased with vines and tiny fairy lights. A small sign read 'Hairdresser' in cursive writing above the door, the lights inside the store were still on as David knocked two times before seconds later a woman with long flowing hair opened the door. A bright smile came before her face as she eyed both David and me, the crinkles in her eyes exposing the world as she ushered us in.

"Who is this David? Newcomer?" she asked, plopping me on one the chairs and started to fiddle with my hair. "Yes, she just arrived today. She wants a new haircut," he informed her, taking a seat on one of the red couches as his auntie tied some sort of apron around my neck which covered my whole body.

"Great! What kind of haircut would you like?" she questioned, wetting my hair with some water as she brushed some knots out. I shrugged in reply and stared at my reflection. I looked kind of gross, some patches of dirt still remained on my face, and my hair was unruly and had knots everywhere. Luckily, I changed into some spare clothes before I came here and was delighted to be able to use soap for my face, however obviously failed at properly cleaning it. 

"Mmh. Let's changed its colour and cut it short. I'm going for a up-to-shoulder cut and platinum hair, but kind of grey. It will take around 6 hours, but you want a new hairstyle. So I will give you a totally new hairstyle."

I nodded, not caring whether or not it would suit me

I nodded, not caring whether or not it would suit me. I just wanted to forget about everything that happened to me and change it up. 

Then the lady started to work her magic.

By the time she finished my haircut it was two in the morning. David had fallen asleep on the couch and Aunt Flora was still touching up my hair, she had refused to let me look at myself in the mirror as we discussed why I wanted to change my hair, I had blurted the majority of it all out, however not mentioning the names of anyone as I did so. She then smiled after I told her, and didn't ask questions. 

When Aunt Flora removed the curtain of the mirror, I was deeply surprised. My hair was a beautiful shade of blond or platinum blonde and it was cut off a couple of centimetres of my shoulders. I could see a bit of my brown hair poking out, but faded with the blond. It complimented my eyes which were blue (A.N I'm pretty sure I stated her eyes were blue. If not tell me where I said brown) and the small freckles that danced across my cheeks. I looked like a whole new different person, and I loved it.

A.N Short chappie, cause people have been asking me to update. I should be more consistent with updates. But sorry.