Chapter 7- Stalker

It has been four days since Alex told me Austin's father passed away. Austin hasn't talked since I showed him the message calling me ignorant. I wasn't planning on bothering him because I know how he feels. However, today will be the day where I will attempt to make conversation with him. Alex tries ever single day, but Austin never says a word. There are a couple of things that happened this week that was actually good. One: I no longer needed crutches. Two: My dad is still in jail. Three: The person who texts threats and what not, hasn't bothered me in a while.

I took a deep breath before walking into Austin's room. Austin was looking out the window, ignoring the fact that I was in his room. I grabbed the chair near his computer desk and sat beside him. For a few minutes we both sat in silence, but I finally decided to break it.

"You know, when my mom died, I thought the world hated me. My dad hated me, my school hated me, and even teachers hated me. Well, maybe not the teachers, but nobody wanted to be around 'the homely girl.' "

I closed my eyes, so I couldn't make eye contact with him. "When I met you and Alex, that all changed. Although we met in the worst possible way, we became friends." I lost control of my emotions, but I continued anyways, "Alex and you are the only friends I have. Just know, Alex and I care about you."

I started to leave, but Austin grabbed my wrist.

"Stay. Please," he said.

He let go of my arm. I listened to his request, and took a seat beside of him. "Could it be possible that my dad is alive?"

"Possibly, but it could be a mind game."

I looked over at Austin and placed my hand on top of his, "Whoever the person is, they don't want our friendship. They want me to be miserable, but I'm not going to let that monster break us all apart."

"What if that monster is my dad?"

"How about we find out? The message I received the other day was from your dad's old number. If we track the number, we find the person who is harassing us. By the way, just out of curiosity, how do you know your dad's number if he passed away when you were a baby?"

"My mom gave me his phone, when I turned thirteen. I guess he somehow stole it when I changed phones."

I knew exactly what I was going to do. I walked over to Austin's computer and found an online cell phone tracker. I typed in the number and waited impatiently for the computer to tell me where the phone was. Then, the map appeared on the screen, the little dot on the map was the phone.

"This can't be good," I whispered as I examined the map.

"What's wrong? Did you find it?"

Austin walked up to the computer to take a look.

"The phone is outside of this house."

I walked to the window and pointed at the same exact car that was following me the day I took a walk into the woods. "It's in that stalker car!"