Chapter 6- No Peace

Authors Note: First, I have a shoutout to Katie, my older sister. She was the first person to read Escaping Madness. She is amazing and SUPER supportive! I don't think she has any stories on here (wattpad) yet, but you can check out her twitter: @_KatieNicole13

Thanks for reading my story so far! Hope you are enjoying it

- Sarah :)

_______________________________________________________

The movie was not enjoyable at all. The whole time all I could think about was that stupid text. The boys started to notice my behavior.

"Sophia, Are you okay?" Austin asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I remembered the text the person sent me 'Don't tell anybody'

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied. Austin didn't buy that, but he didn't ask again. The movie was finally over and Alex left to take a shower.

"Can you please tell me what is going on?" asked Austin, looking over at Alex's phone which was on the coffee table, vibrating. "You have a text message, Alex!" Austin yelled, knowing that Alex probably wouldn't hear him.

Austin picked up his phone and began reading Alex's text messages silently to himself. As he read the messages, Austin's jaw dropped. "I trusted him," Austin muttered under his breath. His face bursted into a bright red. Austin threw Alex's phone across the room. He ran out of the room. I picked up Alex's phone, and it only had a couple cracks. I began to read the messages.

"Taking a hike? Huh?"

Oh my goodness, Alex is the unknown number that kept bothering me. My face became hot and I could feel my heart about to explode.

"ALEX!" I screamed harshly.

I hobbled to the bathroom, where I saw no Alex. My phone started to buzz, indicating that I have a text message.

"Did you really think I was Alex? Your ignorance amuses me," the text message read. It was another unknown number.

With that, I took off to look for Austin and Alex. Alex was been framed. I found both of them arguing outside.

"YOU THREATENED MY MOM!" Austin hissed.

"I NEVER DID SUCH A THING!"

"YOU'RE LYING!"

"STOP FIGHTING!" I yelled.

They both looked at me and gave me their undivided attention.

"Thank you," I said.

They nodded then gave each other mean glares. "Stop giving each other mean looks."

They both listened. This time, with no interruptions. "Austin, Alex is your best friend. He wouldn't do that to you."

"If he didn't do it, then who did?" His tone sounded like a smart alec, which made me sort of angry. I couldn't get mad at him. Whoever the person is that framed Alex, they want us all to get mad at each other.

"Would Alex send this?" I handed Austin my phone. I showed him the text message that called me ignorant. Austin's eyes became wide.

"This isn't any random number. This is my dad's number."

As soon as Austin mentioned his dad, Alex snatched my phone from my hands.

"This can't be. That's impossible." Alex said, giving me back my phone.

"What's 'impossible?'" I asked.

"Can I tell her?" Alex asked Austin.

Austin nodded and walked into the house without saying another word.

"When Austin was little, his father... passed away."