chapter 30

J O S H

I cried as they cut open her stomach. I watched as they pulled that baby out from her stomach. The baby was lifeless and gray. She was gone. We could have had two beautiful baby girls but instead we just have one. I watched again as Kayla was stitched back up. She couldn't feel any of the pain from being unconcious. I hate this! She doesn't deserve this at all!

They had to give Kayla a blood transfusion because she lost so much blood. I hated every second of it. I physically couldn't stop myself from crying. They finished up with her and we had to leave her a little bit. She's been put on a drip which I really fucking hope helps make her regain conciousness.

Nicaya woke up and I grabbed a little bottle to feed her. She looked up at me with her gorgeous bright blue eyes.
"You look just like me." I said to her... Not that she can understand me.

"It might be good for you to have some more skin to skin with her if you'd like?" She took Nicaya from me and let me take my shirt off. I got Nicaya again and looked at her adoringly.

My phone was blowing up with texts from Joe.
Joe Sugg:
What's going on mate? Have you got your baby yet?
Is everything okay? Why haven't you replied?
Why haven't you replied? What's happening Josh? We're worried!

I decided to reply
Josh:
Sorry I haven't replied. We've got our own beautiful little girl here with us. She was meant to be a twin but sadly her twin didn't make it. Our little girl was a normal and natural birth. The other one was done through a c section. This was 1, because she was already gone and 2, kayla went unconcious. She lost a lot of blood from my little girl and had to have a blood transfusion.

He replied almost instantly.
Joe Sugg:
I hope everythings okay mate. We're all thinking happy thoughts for you. I'm just telling everyone not to worry too much. What's going on now? Has she regained conciousness?
Josh:
She's still unconcious. I'm waiting for the midwife to come back and check on her. In the meantime, here's our beautiful little girl. *picture inserted*
Joe Sugg:
She looks so much like you! Everyone can't wait to meet her.

~

The nurse came back into the room and checked on Kayla.
"She could be like this for a couple more hours. She'll come back. We're going to have to keep you in for a couple days after she's come back anyway. Feel free to invite people in if you'd like. Maybe just wait for Kayla though. Also, no more than 4 people visiting at a time." I listened to what she'd said. I'll wait for Kayla.

The nurse had just walked out and i could see a finger twitching. Nicaya is sleeping so i quickly rushed to stand by Kayla.
"Baby... Kayla baby... Are you waking up?" Her eyes fluttered open slowly and she looked at me.
"Josh... Josh what happened?" I kissed her forehead carefully.

"We've got a beautiful little girl. Nicaya Louise is here. Sadly Kalea didn't make it. You went unconcious and had to have a blood transfusion. What would have been Kalea, had to be done through a c section. It's okay though because we have little Nicaya, born 6,5, May 2nd 2017 at 4:27 in the morning. The boys have been up all night and have literally not slept!" She was crying.

I had to sit her bed up for her so she could sit like a normal person.
"Can I hold my baby?" I grabbed Nicaya and handed her to Kayla. She cried some more.
"She looks just like you Josh. She's even got your eye colour."

"She has your hair colour... Thankfully." Kayla laughed at me.
"I love your hair! I wouldn't change it for a thing." She started running her fingers through my hair and looking me in the eyes.
"I love you."
"I love you too."

The nurse came in and saw that Kayla was awake.
"Hello sweetheart. We're going to have to keep you in for a couple of days to keep an eye on you. Your partner here can go home with the little one if needs be-" I interrupted her quickly.

"I'm staying here with her. We won't leave her side."
"Okay... We'll sort out a room for the three of you then. We'll have to move you though. Anyway, we're going to keep you attatched to this in case you need another blood transfusion, I'm sure this young lads explained everything to to?"

"Yeah... I know what's happened."
"I'm sorry sweetheart. Right, I'll leave you to it. We'll come and get you when the room is available." The nurse insisted on taking a cute little family photo of all of us together. I sat next to Kayla with my arm around her and we smiled into the camera. Kayla looked down at Nicaya and I looked down at them both. Tears seemed to have been streaming from both our faces and I'm sure another photo was taken.

~

We got moved pretty quickly and were put into a nice quiet little room. I made sure to message Joe and let him know that everything's okay. We were sent another snapchat with them all shouting congrats to us all. I sent one back of both me and Kayla crying and showing them Nicaya. To be honest, I couldn't be any happier in this moment. I've got both my girls with me and I know they're okay.

A/n last chapter!! I really hope you all enjoyed this fanfics just as much as I did writing it! (I feel like I say that every time haha). Thank you all so so much for the love and support you've given this story! I love you all so so much! There will be further news on the sequel most likely tomorrow! Thank you all so so much for reading!!
Love you lots!! Stay safe!! Xxxxxx

(This is the story where the third story was written before this was even finished being published. How tf did I do it?)