chapter 27

M I K A E L A H

I've had a week off for the boys to prepare all the lessons they're going to do with me. I'm actually quite excited for this. It's going to be a good day. First is music, then maths, then business, then english and finally health and Social. I'm excited to find out what te boys are going to do for that.

I got up and got dressed into comfy clothes. Josh woke up but stayed in bed watching me get dressed.
"Turn sideways kayla." I turned to the side and Josh looked happy.

"That baby bump is growing quickly now. You look quite big."
"Well I'm glad this is homeschooling not real school." I turned to the side and looked in the mirror. He was right, I'm massive. It's only going to get bigger though...

"Its scary that there's only 4 months left."
"Well beautiful, it's actually less than 4 months. In fact you're getting it done 1 week early just to be sure. That means it's 3 and a bit months." I forgot that would be happening... It's quite scary thinking about it now.

~

First lesson here I come. I walked upstairs into Conor's room.
"Hey Kayla, don't mind me. Just need to find a tshirt... There should be one in here somewhere." He couldn't find his tshirt so I ran downstairs and got one out the tumble dryer.
"Thanks Kayla." I handed it to him and he chucked it on.
"Ready for an hour of music?"
"Ready!"

Conor started teaching me a new song.
"What is this?"
"I can't tell you... It's a secret."
"Conor what is it? This sounds a bit like one of the songs for your new album that's probably coming out in like 10 years..."
"I'm not that bad! But yeah it is." I knew it!

We continued learning the tune with me playing the melody and Conor doing the cords.
"Can't you do both?"
"Nope... Well I need to do them seperately and then try to do it together. Im a touchy feely kind of learner..."

"Is that why Josh thinks you're so good at sex already? Because you're a 'touchy feely learner' so as soon as you learn something from touch you can just do it again?" I got really embarassed.
"Shut up... Like actually shut up!" Me and Conor swapped round so I could play the cords and he did the melody.

"Right, now put them together miss 'touchy feely' learner." I tried playing both at the same time and it was okay. I was either really far behind or missed out the odd note or 2. It's getting there though.

~

"Right, that's the hour done. Well done, you did really well. I'm teaching you again tomorrow aren't I?"
"Yeah."
"We can continue to work on that tomorrow then." I thanked Conor with a hug and went downstairs to find Mikey.

I sat down at the table and me and Mikey got straight into it.
"So how good are your maths skills?"
"Quite good I suppose..."
"Okay well let's get started then. We're working on angles right?"

"Correct." Mikey got started on teaching me angle stuff. He told me rules of finding angles and let me work out some on my own. It was a good hour spent doing fairly easy stuff.

~

"Okay, we're done. Now to do the next lesson. Do you need the toilet or need a drink or anything before we start?"
"Yeah, I'll go get myself a drink. Want one?"
"Yes please. A water will do me for now thanks." I walked to the kitchen and got us a water each.

"So business studies." We studied business. Everything to do with business was included in the lesson. My teacher has said to just do revision lessons now. At some point i need to learn something new but I can't remember what it is. Mikey was really good at teaching me the business lessons.

~

It was funny being taught by Mikey since he's just a funny guy.
"Okay, hour over. Well done for both lessons. You know quite a lot don't you?"
"I suppose so... Thanks Mikey."
"No problem." I quickly hugged him before he got up to go get Joe.

Joe walked in with a massive folder.
"What the heck is that Joe?"
"This is just lesson plans and stuff. It's got things in for anything you need to learn and stuff. I've been quite organised you know." He placed the folder down,

"So we're going to start off with revision just so I can get to know what level you're at and how well you know certain things. It will determine what I need to focus on with your teaching and revision." He handed me a sheet of paper with some questions on. I had to answer the questions for the first half.

We then moved onto doing proper revision. Joe decided what stage I was at and started telling me what I'd be doing next session.
"Okay so well done, that's it for now. Good luck with your next session..."
"Why?"
"Jack and Josh are going to try and teach you health and Social." I laughed and hugged Joe to thank him. He walked off to get the boys.

Jack and Josh walked in looking nervous.
"Hello boys. Ready to teach me? I'm excited for this." They look so unhappy.

"We've sorted some stuff for you, more on the health side for this session." They were teaching me about caring for people. I was being told about looking after a child. This was as much a lesson for Josh as it was for me. I need to learn a lot about having a baby and everything that comes with it. Apparently you just get those instincts sometimes and just know what to do even if you've never learned.

~

"Okay, have we covered enough for you?"
"Yeah." Josh was barely teaching much and left a lot of it down to Jack. He was definitely listening and learning with me.
"Okay good, cause we're done here." The first day of being homeschooled by the boys was a success!

Everyone came back to the livingroom and we all sat around on the couch. Josh let me sit on his lap so there was enough room for other people to sit down too.

"So Kayla, how much longer do we have to do this for?" Jack asked.
"Another 2-3 months. Don't worry about doing it every day though. There will be some days when I just want to have my own little revision sessions."
"How was learning health and social with Jack and Josh?" Conor questioned.

"It was actually pretty good. Jack can you continue to help Josh teach me health and social please?"
"Course I can... As long as Josh is going to stick to it as well."
"Of course I will..." He doesn't sound too sure about that. Oh well, at least I've actually got someone to teach me stuff... Well I've got lots of people teaching me stuff. The boys make learning fun!

A/n I realised that I never did a double update last Saturday! I apologise for that! There's definitely going to be one this Saturday!! That is a promise!
Love you lots!! Stay safe!! Xx

(I hate missing updates! I feel bad about it.)