chapter 18

M I M A E L A H

We arrived at the hospital. I'm a massive nervous wreck. At least I've got Anna and Josh here to comfort me. I know they'll both be able to take my mind off things completely. Whenever I'm with Anna I just fully relax. It's natural for me now...

The nurse or doctor or whatever they were called me in. The three of us stood up and walked into her room. She told me to take a seat on the bed and Josh was allowed to sit next to me. Anna had to stand in the corner... She looked very awkward.

"So Mikaelah is it? Do you want that shortened or is that what you like to be called?"
"Kayla is fine thankyou." I'm so glad she asked that question.
"So Kayla, who have you brought with you today? Basically what are these guys to you?" Of course that question came up.

"This is my boyfriend-" I pointed to Josh.
"And that's my best friend." I don't know why she wanted to know that.
"Ah okay, so what's your name sir?" She looked at Josh.
"Josh..."
"Okay, we can put that on your records so we know." I already have medical records with them?

The woman, (Sam) asked me to pull my top up. I did so and she squeezed a really cold gel onto my stomach. I squirmed a little bit since it was quite cold.
"So I'm just going to use this to see inside your tummy. That way we can see the baby, if there is one of course." Why is she questioning it?

"What do you mean if there is one?" Anna asked.
"She took a thousand pregnancy tests and they all said she was."
"Well some people come in saying they did that but really they didn't so don't actually know and then find out they aren't." Why would people do that?

Sam started moving the weird little machine (ish type thing) around my stomach. There was a screen above me that we could look at. I could feel her pushing down on my stomach and it's making me need to wee so badly!

"Okay so if we look here-" she pointed to a little spot.
"That's currently your little baby." There wasnt just one thing she was pointing at.
"But as you can see, there's 2 sacks-" Is this what I think it is?
"This can come across as good or bad to you, I don't entirely know... Anyway, you're having twins." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

Josh looked at me and I could see tears forming in his eyes. Or was it my eyes? He leaned forward and kissed me, I kissed back.
"Look at you two. You're both a mess..." We're both crying as Anna has now pointed out.

I cleaned myself up and tried to stop crying whilst Josh stopped himself crying. Anna was just freaking out a bit. We thanked Sam, she gave us the scan photo then we left.

~

All of us got back and literally everyone was at the apartment... Including my brother. He brought Nat with him too.
"Why are you guys all here?" It's very crowded.
"We all wanted to find out how you got on at the hospital." Caspar told me.
"Everyone is eager to know."
"What happened? How did you get on?" Joe asked.

I grabbed out the scan photo and showed them all.
"I'm definitely pregnant!" Everyone cheered.
"Your baby is so small in there." Jack mentioned.

"That's because it's only been a week... At 3-9 months I'll be pretty big." I told them all. No one has even noticed yet. I suppose none of them have ever looked at a scan photo so wouldn't even notice. Maybe we could keep it as a surprise...

Josh and I went off into our room... Yes I'm calling it our room considering I currently live here... He sat on the bed and I sat opposite him so we could talk. He seemed confused as to why I didn't say to anyone or let him tell anyone it's twins.

"I'm thinking that if we keep this a secret then it's going to be a very nice surprise for everyone."
"That's a pretty good idea... Lets do it!" He's enthusiastic about it. We filled in Anna on the plan so now she knows not to tell anyone either.

Since my brother's here I decided to sit with him. Josh had to go out quickly.
"Do you mind if I call mum? I'll just give her the news."
"Go ahead." I don't give a fuck about what she says now. Luke called her up and put her on loudspeaker. He wanted us to get her reaction.

"Hi mum."
"Hiya Luke darling, how are you?" Literally when I told her I was pregnant she hated Luke. Now she's being nice to him.
"I'm good thanks mum but I've got something to tell you..."
"Okay...? What is it?" She seems intrigued.

"Mickey went for her scan today. She's 100% pregnant and the baby is healthy. She also said it's due sometime in May."
"Do you really think I care? She's a bitch and a slut and clearly can't keep her hands to herself. I don't even know who she is anymore but that girl certainly isn't mine!" Hearing that made me sad. I felt a tear come to my eye.

"Yeah but mum it's not her fault..."
"Tell her about Josh. He said he doesn't care about taking the blame for it." I told him.
"Josh is taking the full blame for it happening."
"I'm going to take him to prison. He's done that to my daughter and I don't like it!" Fuck no!

"Please no mum. Don't tell the police. Mickey wasn't forced at all and let him do it. Please do not call the police." I started crying and freaking out for Josh.
"I want to... But if she said it was okay then I clearly can't."

"Yeah please don't mum! Just think how Mickey will be if that baby is born and Josh isn't there."
"Adoption..." She's so cold hearted! I hate her so much!

Luke continued talking to her for a little bit and telling her not to call the police and talk to me again. Throughout the whole phone call I sat and cried. Luke got off the phone to her and I bawled my eyes out. Sadly Josh has gone out to get some more bread.

We heard the door open and close.
"Josh hurry the fuck in here!" Jack shouted.
"Why? What's going on?" He ran in so fast.

J O S H

I ran into the room and saw her sat crying. Straight away I ran to her. I sat next to her and cradled her in my arms. She cried so much and I just hated seeing her like it. She doesn't deserve to be unhappy.

"What happened?"
"Mum called... She's said a lot of things about what's happening." Luke told me.
"Like what?"

"She wants to put you in prison for this... Luckily I stopped her doing that. She also wants to murder you, then I reminded her that she'd end up in prison... She shouldn't lay a hand on you but Mickey's just scared." I felt her lean into me a little bit more. I'm going to make sure this girl is always okay!
"Don't worry beautiful... I'm not going anywhere!"

A/n Kayla and Luke have a very old school mum. They also have a very rude/ violent mum! Well in some ways she is anyway...
Love you lots!! Stay safe!! Xx

P.s. so sorry I didn't upload this last night!! My phone wouldn't work :/ and there's still going to be a new chapter later!! Xx

(My fucked up phone hated me then! My newer phone is now becoming like my old phone.)