chapter 14

J O S H

Kayla hasn't been feeling the greatest over the past few days. Everyone's been trying to look after her but no matter what we do, it's not working. She just seems to be getting worse. I've concluded it to one thing.

"Joshiiee... I need to be sick again. I don't like it." I grabbed the sick bucket and passed it to her. She threw up a lot...
"I don't think this is going to end up well."
"What do you mean?" I don't want to scare her.

"Kayla, when are you supposed to start?"
"2 days ago... I'm never late. It's always on time for me." My conclusion could be correct.
"Okay. I'm going out for a bit. Jack wants me to get some bread and munchies from the shop."
"Okay... See you later." We kissed and I walked off.

~

I lied when I said I was getting bread and stuff. I'm going to get a test... I just want to know if anything's happening. If her dream stuff is real, I don't want her to be homeless or even pregnant... I don't want it to happen to her.

Anna decided to take a walk down to the shop with me. She wanted to buy some munchies herself... I remember her picking up a load of junk food and going to pay whilst I was looking at pregnancy tests.

"Come on Josh. Grab one, pay and then go." I picked up the best one I could find. We walked over to the tills and I bought it.
"Is this for you then?" The woman pointed towards Anna.

"No... No way! Not at all! No!"
"Sorry... I didn't realise... Is this for a girlfriend or someone?" I couldn't speak so I just nodded.
"Good luck." I managed to let out a small 'thankyou' to her. Then we walked back.

~

We walked back into the apartment and I could hear Kayla throwing up again. I walked into my room to see Conor sat with her. She looks as though she's been crying.

"I'm sorry Josh, I told him." So Conor now knows as well.
"I'm happy for you guys... Don't worry about me going against it. I can tell the others if you want?" I still feel like I can't talk so I just nodded.
"You two are a very cute couple."

Conor was about to walk out when he suddenly stopped.
"What's in your hand Josh?"
"Nothing." My voice is back...
"Let me see it!" I tried to chuck it behind me or something which backfired because Kayla grabbed it.

"You actually think- you're going to try and see- wow..." He came and sat back down.
"I'll go do it now..." Kayla got up and took the test with her.

"Conor I'm freaking out! What the fuck do I do if we find out she is? Am I even ready to be a parent? Do I even want to look after a baby? Am I mature enough for this responsibility?"

"You're one of the most responsible ones in our group. Joe is slightly more responsible than you but that's it. Josh, calm down. Everything will be fine. I'd say personally that you're ready for this. You are ready to take the responsibility of looking after a baby."

"What about Kayla? She's still in school! I don't want anything bad to happen to her."
"It's fine, she could get a tutor instead."
"And her parents?"
"I don't know about them..."

Kayla walked back in.
"I've done it. A couple minutes and I'll get the results back."
"What took you so long?"
"I threw up a bit as well..." Lets just hope she isn't, for her sake.

"It should be done now... You look first. I don't want to see." She handed it to me.
"You look first, you're the one that needs to know." I handed it back to her.
"I don't wanna look."
"Fuck sake, I'll look." She handed it to Conor. He then turned it over and looked at it.

"I'm so sorry guys... I'm so so sorry." Fuck! This is what I didn't want to happen. He handed the test to us so we could see for ourselves.
"I'm pregnant... I have a baby inside me. Well it's not a baby yet so I have sperm inside me... That sounded worse than I thought. I feel so happy yet so scared! Why am I so happy?"

She looks excited and nervous at the same time.
"I'm happy... Just worried about your life. School will be tough and your parents probably won't like it but if you're happy with it then I'll be happy too." But I'm still nervous.

A/n I've been going back through and reading my old fanfics. It's so weird reading back what I used to write. I keep cringing at so much of it! Also, at the top i've givwn you a picture of what goes into the preparaton for my fanfics. Certain things are blocked out because you can't see them yet since this is the ideas for the third book to this story. Anyway... love you lots!! Stay safe!! Xx

(So much prep goes into these stories!!)