Never Meant To Be [8] Amber Eyes

Start from the beginning

Thankfully though, I was able to manage to claim that was fear rather than love, and thus ended the conversation there. At the time, I didn't know what to say and blurted out the first word that came to mind.

'Fear...' That's one way to describe my feelings towards him. Fear.

Looking into the mirror, I see the tiredness within my eyes, but other than that my youth was still there. Even though I've been serving someone you'd think your youth would have disappeared at the very word.

Twisting my hair into a bun, I take a red encrusted pin to hold my hair. After fixing my hair I applied just a dab of blush and a peachy tone to my lips, matching it perfectly just to hint the fullness of my lips. Wrath made it clear to me his so call friends from his council would arrive shortly, and he wanted me to stand by his side and if I do quote 'look pretty'.

"Cecilia come on! Master Wrath's guests are here!" Alyssa whispered hastily through the door, waiting for me to unlock it.

Unbolting it I was greeted with the panicking face of Alyssa, who instead of telling me if I looked like fool, just griped my arm and drags me down stairs to where Wrath was standing, his features radiating irritation.

"You're late, now you must apologize to our guest once we enter the studies, understood?" His voice hissed menacing, causing me to wearily nod my head before he roughly pulled my hand into the halls that lead to one of his studies. When we had arrived to the room though, I found myself petrified as I realized how many people where inside.

The room was buzzing with murmurs and whispers when we entered which quickly made the noise turn to silence. Peering I spot eleven people all gathered about the room, staring at me with unreadable expressions. I had expected at least two or three people when he mentioned a couple friends would come over but not like this!

Shivering, my eyes scanned around the room as I found all the face equally beautiful in their own way as each gaze reflected a supernatural coloring that no human could posses. It seemed the day I found out demons were real I suddenly find myself surrounded by them.

Nervously scanning the room, I tried to memorize the face when I suddenly came upon one that caught my eye.

His eyes were a to painfully beautiful amber that looked almost wolf like while his hair was a toasty, golden brown that fell over his left eye a little. Another thing was his that body was well built to perfection that would make any girl go weak need at the sight. I could feel my self-shiver when his amber eyes graced my form, watching as I tried hard not to squirm under those amber eyes. My eyes finally met his and for a moment I felt my heart skip a beat while butterflies fluttered within my stomach. I was brought back to the door when Wrath had suddenly spoke.

"I'm sorry for the tardiness, but Miss Cecilia here happened to take longer than I expected." Wrath's eyes were over my form, making that flutter feeling that was in my stomach twist in dread. I knew what he expected, and I just didn't know how to address it. Yet, seeing it was my fault for being late I would have to apologize for my unpunctuality.

"I apologize for my lateness. Everyone, I didn't not mean to make you wait in your leisure." I did a curtsy, remembering those lady classes that my mother had made me practice since I was able to walk. With that the guest began to mingle, talking of taxes and encounters of some things that quite frighten me.

'How old are they..100?..200?!' I thought as I glanced around from where I stood, seeing that Wrath was conversing with some men along with the amber eyed angel. When those eyes landed on me I quickly glanced away, not knowing why the room suddenly felt like it was burning as I tried to find a way to occupy myself.