Never Meant To Be [8] Amber Eyes

RECAP:

-------------------------------------------

"W-what have you done to m-me?" I stuttered out while my breath was ragged. He only smirked in response while lifting my body to his chest.

"What am I?" The question came out lowly as my eyes drifted downward barely able to see him now. His lips twisted upward at this, leaning in toward me before I had been swallowed into darkness.

"A demon love, but not just any, the lord of them all.

-------------------------------------------

Bright, glistening light shone through the dark heavy curtains as I stirred in my sleep, slowly lifting my eyes into the blinding light. Stretching my arms while my eyes lazily peered about my surroundings in a leisurely manor. It seemed I wasn't in the woods, nor was I even outside at that matter. I had the dream again, about the flowers in the woods where winter had touched the earth with her icy hands. It wasn't a rarity to see this dream form time to time, but it was odd. I hadn't had that dream since I was ten, and so far I have avoided form having it since.

A few days have gone by since the incident between Wrath and I. It was still a complete blur to me after I had passed out and didn't remember much. All I can recall was the dinner itself, and the little argument as you could call it but after that, it just wisped away. Yet despite my lack of memory we've avoided each other since then. When I'd go to clean his room he was either gaze through the window or someplace else so not to run into each other. Though I know there was one sure thing I was sure of, I don't know if I could think of him the same again.

The man was a demon, a being that my mother would tell me in order to get me to bed. It was strange to tell the true, seeing I was raised to believe they were just myths. Yet, it seemed I was proven wrong.

Alyssa and Millie had tried vigorously informed me about what happen after I'd passed out but nothing sparked any memories, just nothing. Though they did apologize for not telling me what Wrath was, they had a valid reason. It seemed before I had arrived o the manor wrath had informed his servant to not say a thing about his identity and swore if one were to tell that harsh consequences would fallow soon after. I inwardly shivered at this, feeling sorry that the girls were forced to keeping their mouths shut.

'Maybe that escape plan at the begging was such a bad Idea .' I thought silently to myself, recalling what the girls had told me after I had woken up from my daze.

Apparently he being a demon wasn't all that he was. It seemed he was also happen to be the king here, and ruled over this place called "Alisn" which happen to stretch out so far that would make my own father green with envy. When I had asked how he became king, Alyssa told me about the two different theory that told either he killed the last kind out of cold blood or was given the kingdom since the last king had an illness.

Of course though Millie had to add that perhaps he fell for a tyrant kings daughter who'd rather see her suffer than let her love Wrath. A part of me felt revolted at the thought of him in love. Can he even love? That was a mystery I was rather curious about.

I also recalled giving a disgusted look at this; yet only find that Alyssa and Millie found it rather cute. When I had asked why they stated that perhaps I was jealous of this. I remembered how my words suddenly began to trip over themselves, trying to retain some control as I pleaded my case. This was the time I found out that Millie was a forbidden romance lover and started proclaiming how cute it was that I couldn't confess my love for Wrath as I inwardly gagged. She even tried to state that there was a spark of love echoing in my eyes as I snorted at her ridiculous remark.