Chapter 18: Irene Rose

Start from the beginning

Some small shops and hairdressers lined a whole street, people bustling around, smiling and chatting away happily

Some small shops and hairdressers lined a whole street, people bustling around, smiling and chatting away happily. Some passerby's eyed me and gave me a small smile before continuing on with their day. 

"What pack am I in?" I asked the blonde guard who was walking beside me.

"You're in the Crystal Waters pack, we are not very known as we like peace and serenity. We like to stay uninvolved in wars and usually are the pack where war veterans or sick wolves come for help as we have some of the top healers around." he said proudly as we made it to a relatively large house, however had the same styles as most of the houses here. 

It had large windows with vines crawling around the whole house, it looks quite old however gave a homey and comfortable vibe. The blond hair dude knocked four times on the wooden door before a man who radiated power opened it. He looked quite young with striking blue eyes, light brown hair and  sharp jawline, he practically drooled hotness.

He gave me a once over, his eyes scanning over me, in a not-so-sexual way and gave me a small smile before looking at the blonde guy with a questioning face

"What brings you here David?" he spoke with a slight Spanish accent as he tilted his head to the left side.

"Alpha James, we come to bring this she-wolf here. She requests a place to stay." David spoke, patting me on the back as Alpha James looked at me once again, this time holding my eyes. "Mmh, allow her in. I will interrogate her before making my decision. Warrior David and Warrior Michael, you may return back to your post." Alpha James replied, and took my forearm and pushed me inside his home, I looked back to David and he gave me a warm smile before closing the door behind him, leaving me with Alpha James.

"So, what is your name and why did you come here?" he asked as we walked into his living room, which was absolutely stunning and beautiful. "My name is Irene Rose, I came here because I was kidnapped by a neighbouring pack and I escaped to find your pack," I replied as I eyed the room, it had soft beige carpet and a metal fireplace on the right-hand side of the room, couches of different colours and patterns were placed around a small cushioned seat and brick-a-brack were scattered across the room. 

This pack really gave a welcoming feeling.

I heard Alpha James hum and sat down on the largest couch, his eyes wandering over me as if contemplating his next sentence.

"What pack?" he questioned, as I continued to gaze around the room, admiring the stone light in the corner. "I wish not to say, I'd rather forget than be reminded of," I stated, sitting down. on the yellow couch diagonally across from where he was sitting. "Understandable, what pack were you from originally then?" he spoke, giving me a small smile as I took the bag from off my shoulders and into my lap. "The West Pack" I answered, my eyes landing on a stack of gardening magazines and I smiled to myself.

"Why did you not go there instead?" he pursued as he eyes shut to a close. "It would be the first pack that my captors would go to, I changed route when I realised this and ended up here." I sighed, picking at my nails whilst looking at my lap. "Mmh. Yes, that is a smart idea. How long will you be staying for?" he wondered, opening his eyes once more and setting them on me.

I pondered over how long I could stay here for and bit my lip as I realised I really have nowhere else to go. 

"I-I'm not sure. If I stay here, I could cause a war, but if I leave. I might be taken away again, I can't let that happen." I mumbled after I said those words I realised I might have worried Alpha James about potentially starting a war. "My pack as many alliances with other packs, we are a peaceful pack, yet have strong warriors in the case of an attack. However, we have remained in a state where most packs have left us alone. I'm sure you can stay here for as long as you like." he informed me, sending a small smile along the way.

A small smile showed on my lips as I stared at him with full appreciation. "Thank you, Alpha James. I promise that once trouble starts to stir, I will leave at once." I thanked and gave a thankful sigh. "No worries, you can call me James. Now can you tell me how old you are, I know it's a little personal but I would like to know if you're a minor, because if you are not, you may be a valuable contributor to our pack as we are in need of help to build a few new houses and I do not allow anyone below the age of eighteen to do manual work," he asked and I nod in understanding. 

"I'm twenty-one, you are?" I questioned back and he replies that he is twenty-three. I hummed and he showed me to the room I will be staying in, as there are no more houses for me to stay in, he allowed me to sleep in one of his spare rooms. As he showed me around the house, he informed me about how his mate died two years ago and how his family lives in a different pack. The more he told me new information, the more I realised how much weight has been put on his shoulders. 

"So let me get this straight. At the age of eighteen, your parents left the pack in order to discover new life and your mate died at the age of 20 whilst you 21, but you don't seem so sad, unlike other wolves whose mate has died. "Well, yes. However, I had only met her at the hospital when she was already gone. And it was the first time meeting her, but when she died, the connection wasn't very strong and I got over it easily. "But that means your pack won't have a Luna," I told him as we sat on one of the spare beds. 

"Yes, well, I believe the Moon Goddess will give me a second chance mate, I have yet to find her. So we will wait until I'm twenty-five until I venture off in search of a new mate," he replied, twiddling his thumbs as I digested the new information. He looked troubled at the talk of his mate, so I rested one hand on his shoulder and gave him a small smile.

"You'll find your mate soon, don't worry." 

A.N NOT EDITED. HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

All rights reserved. 2017.