I Thought You Were Different

3rd POV

Harry left a couple hours ago and Louis went to the grocery store to get food and more cleaning supplies. He is now putting food in the fridge not noticing Ashton and Justin are watching him. "So where's Prince Charming now? Couldn't stand to spend another second with his charity case?" Asked Justin glaring at Louis as he closed the door.

"Wow, jealous much?" Louis made a face and at that moment the doorbell rang.

"Was that the doorbell? That's strange. I wonder who that could be." Justin asked, acting surprised.

"I don't know, Justin." Ashton said quietly.

"Get that, would you, Louis?"Justin smirked.

"God, Justin, you're weird." Louis said walking away.

"Hello, plan B." Justin smirked and cheered to himself.

"Could you be more obvious?" Ashton asked walking away.

"Well, no. That would totally give it away." Justin said a little more louder for only Ashton could hear. Louis went to the front door and opened it seeing a mailman with a box in his hand.

"Hi are you Lewis Tomlinson?" The mailman asked.

"It's Louis, but yes I am." Louis said cringing at the mailman who pronounced his name wrong.

"Oops sorry mate, but this is for you." He handed the box to Louis. "Have a nice day Louis." Louis closed the door and headed to his room. He lied down on his bed and opened the box. Inside it was a dozen of multicolored roses. He smiled and lifted them out of the box. He noticed there was a little card on one of them. It said:

Meet me on the back patio at my house at 8:30 tonight. I'll be waiting. <3

Harry xx

Louis smiled at the gift and called Niall asking him if he could get a ride from him after his shift at the diner. Of course he said he could. So Louis went to the diner and worked until he felt like his arms were going to fall off. Then he ran to Niall's car and hoped in sitting next to Zayn. They drove to Harry's house noticing all the lights were off. "Oh no. Niall, Zayn what if he fell asleep?" Louis asked concerned.

"No way. Go. And call us later." Niall said.

"Caroline took my cell phone, remember?" Louis made a face.

"Do you want us to wait?" Zayn asked.

"No, I'm good. Harry will take me home. Thank you." Louis hugged both Niall and Zayn and grabbed a rose that 'Harry' bought for him. Louis walked to the patio, looked down at the rose, then finally looked up to see something he didn't want to see. Taylor is sitting on Harry's bed in a revealing dress and Harry wasn't pushing her away. They were just talking but Taylor kept on trying to make a move. Louis gasped and felt tears forming in his eyes. He dropped the rose and ran away not noticing Justin was hiding in a bush behind him. Harry thought he heard something from outside so he decided to go investigate.

"What was that? What's going on?" He turned back to Taylor.

"Nothing." Taylor grabbed his cheeks but he grabbed her wrists before she did anything else.

"Taylor. Taylor, look. Ha. We had a thing, but it's over." He tried to explain to her.

"Harry. Harry, come on." Taylor tried to beg.

"It's time for you to go." Harry got up and walked Taylor out. "I'll see you at school." Harry shut the door in Taylor's face and she turned to the bushes and saw that Justin gave her a big thumbs up. She smirked that her plan worked. Louis ran and ran with tears streaming down his face, thinking about how stupid he was for falling for a jock. Back at the Flack's/Tomlinson's household Louis walked in with tears down his cheeks about to go to his room but was stopped when he heard Caroline's voice.

"Hey, where have you been all night? I'm just doing a little yoga." Caroline sat up from her recent pose and noticed Louis' eyes are more puffier than usual. "Hey, have you been crying? Or are you just naturally puffy? I never noticed that before. What's wrong?" Caroline asked concerned.

"Caroline, I'd rather not talk about it."

"Oh, come on. Talk to me. Come on, sit down next to me. Come on, sit down. Come on." Caroline repeated making Louis sound like he's a dog. He didn't sit next to her, instead he sat in a chair that looked like a hand. "Okay. Sit in the hand. Is it Harry, honey?" After saying that, Louis broke down again. "Oh, I knew it. Did he find someone prettier and more successful? Oh, I'm sorry. That is difficult.Not that I would know, but I did take an acting class once. I can imagine. Let me give you a word of advice. Harry is an E! Hollywood True Story... just waiting to happen. There's no sense crying over him. Mm-mm." Caroline shook her head. "In fact, it's kind of pathetic."

"I can't wait to get out of here and move to Manhattan." Louis said trying to smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I forget to tell you? I did, my bad. They called. There's no audition. It was a mistake." She said

"What? You're lying." Louis stood up thinking that is this another trick.

"Surprisingly it may seem but no, I'm not. The rejection letter is right there in that mess... you need to clean up here and sort through. I'm so glad we had this little talk. I've always wanted to be the mother you'll never have." Caroline said. Louis looked at the letter in shock and went to his room and cried until he couldn't anymore. He texted both Niall and Zayn and told them what happen and they felt bad and told him to try to forget about it. But Louis couldn't, he really liked Harry and wanted that audition more than anything in the world.

The next day at school Harry and Liam were talking about random things, well mostly Liam. "Yeah. So the Japan tour was awesome. The sushi kind of made me sick..."

Harry wasn't really listening so he looked away and saw Louis was walking his way. "Louis!" He shouted but Louis quickly turned around and it made Harry confused. "Hey. Catch you guys in a minute." He told his group and raced to Louis. "Louis. Louis, slow down. Hey, what...? What's wrong? I've been calling Niall and Zayn, trying to get ahold of you." Harry looked down at Louis and saw his eyes are all red and puffy. "What did I do?"

"It doesn't matter. It's done. We're done." Louis said walking past Harry with tears in his eyes.

"Wait. Whoa, whoa. What are you talking about?" Harry asked completely confused.

"Did you feel sorry for me? Was I your charity case? Is that why you asked me out?"

"What does that mean?" Harry is still 100% confused.

"You figured you'd toy with me... until someone better came along and I wouldn't mind... because I was lucky a big, stupid jock wanted to date me. You know what really sucks about falling for a guy you know you're not right for? You fall anyway because you think he might turn out to be different. I really thought you were different, the one who would understand my pain, what I'm going through." Louis ranted.

"Louis. I am different. Believe me, please?" Harry begged.

"Anyway... thanks for all the dance moves, but I'm done dancing... For good. Goodbye Harry." Louis said leaving Harry in awe.

Author's Note: Wow, tough chapter, lots of drama going on here. I'm sorry for the long wait it's just been, tough for me for the past couple months. I rather not talk about it here but on PM I will tell you why. On the brighter side, I updated this chapter and I purchased my first CD off of Amazon, it's called: You Never Walk Alone and it's by Bangtan Boys or BTS. They are a KPOP artist who I highly recommend listening and watching and I have a few other suggestions but they are on my YouTube, please go like, comment, and subscirbe there, and I hope you like this chapter. I will try my absolute hardest to update more often now then I use to but it probably won't happen so please bare with me, updating is hard enough. Anyway have a great day/night wherever you are and until next time! Keep smiling!

Ali Xx :D

Social Media:

Snapchat: aliali1d

Instagram: aliali44 & theatre.kpop_lover

Twitter: agbucklovestheatre

YouTube: Alilovestheatre