Chapter 5: What does G.O.T.E mean? Part 1

Cate observed the strange men who stood directly before her with her light blue narrowed eyes. There was a feeling of suspicion deep within her gut about these guys. Possibly due to the unexpectedness of their arrival.

She pondered about what they could possibly require from her little brother. The Government? What compelled them to come to my house and demand for my little brother? Were they going to hurt him. No they can't, he's highly fragile, mentally and physically!

She slowly let them in. The way she hesitated was noticeable but ignored by the men. She was not exactly positive if that decision was a rather smart one or not.

"Where's your brother?" the guy who wore the gray tux asked. His eyes stared directly into Cate's. These two men were highly difficult to read and managed to maintain a face without emotion. As though they were mindless robots.

"In my kitchen," she answered slowly yet fully of skeptically. She led them through the living-room into the kitchen to where Camden was. However her little brother was too distracted to notice their entrance. He was attempting once again to extend his hand out for the counter so he could possibly pull himself back the floor.

The sight was, in the least, embarrassing. His tongue stuck awkwardly out of his mouth and to a bystander it appeared as though he was trying to 'swim' down to be able to grab that table counter.

"I presume this is your brother?" the guy point to the strangely clueless floating boy.

"Yeah," Cate nodded. She let out a disappointed sigh. Looking with utter shame at how her little brother was making a complete fool out himself. However deep down she secretly wanted to burst out laughing.

Camden shifted his head to see his seemingly disappointed older sister next to, two very formally dressed up men. He referred to a more casual position, trying to pretend his little never happened."Cate, who are these people," He asked.

"The government, from the G.O.T.E society." Cate answers.

"Government??"

In the midst of the siblings little conversation, the guy wearing a black tux hauled out a large sharp needle, and held it down to his side. Where from exactly? Ironically the answer to that question is and will remain unknown.

"Gah! W-what are you gonna do with that?" Camden asked, fear could be easily heard within his voice. Camden wasn't particularly fond of needles. Especially a long type of one like that.

"Ok Camden," he announces to ensure some type of calmness from the terrified boy. But his unemotional exterior in addition to having possession of something long enough to be a potential weapon, definitely was not going to calm any person. Actually such things made the situation appear more ominous.

Hold on. They just address my little brother by his first name, without me once introducing it to him. How did they know? Cate thought. Were they stalking us or something. Now thats weird!

"This will not hurt at all.......I think," the guy assures. Before anyone could say something or oppose him, he raises the needle from his side and quickly injects it into Camden's left arm. Camden ironically did not yell as a he would have, but merely winced due to the pain. Just seconds after he was punctured, he collapse onto the hard floor, with a loud thud. This presumably was the result of the needle.

"H-How?! What did you do!?!" Cate exclaimed.

"We neutralized his powers. Temporarily that is."

"Hey guys....I..can't....move," Camden muttered anxiously, as he attempted to move his paralyzed but only failed to do so.