Chapter 30

Welcome to the FBI - Divergent

FOUR POV

I walk into work. I really miss Tris, although I won't admit it. I finally got to make my move then she was gone. I'm sitting talking at my desk with Uriah and Zeke. "God Four. I've never seen you so bummed" Zeke says. "Retard. He's in love with Tris and she isn't here right now" Uriah punches me in the arm. "Yeah" I fade off when I see Maria coming over with a troubled look.

"Boys. You need to get upstairs now. There is something you need to see" she says and we all race upstairs. We have to wait for Maria though, I forgot she doesn't run much. Once she gets up here, she signals for Al to start since Will went with Tris. My worst nightmare comes up on screen. Tris tied up.

He plays the video. I see Uriahs eyes widening as they speak. He's the only one here that can speak fluent Arabic. Once the video finishes, we all look to him. He's in shock. "They um said" he starts and tries to stop shaking "to release all Freedom from the jail cells or this woman will be executed". I feel a lone tear go down my face.

America doesn't negotiate with terrorists. She is going to die. "Wait" Zeke interrupts all our sorrow. "Look at her fingers" he tells us and Al plays the video again. I smile, she's doing morse code. She is saying 'Miguel Green. Freedom. Afghanistan. Sniper. Smells like paint". Who is Miguel Green? We all look to Maria.

She sighs and beings intel on screen. "Tris was set to execute this man, Miguel Green. The last shooter that was supposed to execute him was found dead, they never recovered the head.-" I cut her off. "Then why did you send her in there? You basically sent her to her own execution!" I almost yell, angry.

"Because she is better then all of you combined in snipering. Don't worry she will survive" Maria says before leaving. I feel my heart being torn out as I look at her face on the screen. She looks so helpless. It turns out we are all going to Afghanistan.

TRIS POV

I wake up. I don't know how long I've been out. I'm still tied to this bloody chair. Fuck. I look around with my eyes, searching for anything I can use for morse code, they will film again, probably for my execution. But then they will find them after I'm dead. My eyes stop on a map. I can't read it that well.

I see a spot marked out that says 'we are here' and a spot marked 'go here'. I see that the marked spot of where we are is a house on top of one of the hills I was supposed hiding on top of. Perfect. They walk in again and I redirect my eyes. "Hello American" he says. I spit at his shoe. "Don't treat me with disrespect. I will kill you" Miguel warns.

I buy myself some time. "Well you will be doing me a favour" I tell him. "Why is that" he asks. "Because I have nothing to live for" I answer. Looking him dead in the eye. He spins on his heel and leaves the room. He comes back with a camera. And knives. Oh joy my execution. The men stand behind me again. He turns the camera on and they start speaking.

I recognise the words "6 hours left" and "execution". I think I bought myself some time. But more pain. Miguel brings the knife along my right wrist and I remember the morse code. I say 'map. House top of the hills. From where I executed'. That's all I get in before he brings the knife across my left wrist. Luckily he doesn't cut where my stitches are.

But he will. They cut the recording and again, I feel the butt of the gun knock me out.

_________________^-^_________________

Will Tris die or survive?

Instagram: @arenaofinitiates

I'm gonna update a bit today because time is going SOOOO SLOW because I'm waiting for ncis Los Angeles to air.