Chapter 2

Welcome to the FBI - Divergent

TRIS POV

I drop my books immediately. I walk through the door and grab a steak knife that sits on the coffee table. I walk slowly towards the other end of the house. Scared. Terrified of what I might find. I hold the knife out in front of me for some sort of protection. Although, I don't think it will provide much. Maybe to someone else who knows how to use it.

I walk in the hallway that lead to the bedrooms. I walk past mine. Untouched and no movement. I walk past Caleb's. Again, nothing. I get to mum and dads, and choke a sob. They lay on the bed with two bullets in the chest each. I collapse. I realise a few seconds later that Caleb isn't here, well not that I can see. I decide to tour around the house before I call the police.

Praying I find Caleb safe and well and hidden. Praying doesn't make it real. I wish it did. In the laundry, lay Caleb. He doesn't have as much blood on him as mum and dad, who are cold and motionless. I observe that he's been shot in the leg, shoulder and the head, but at this cheek. I check his pulse. He's alive, but barely.

I call the police and ambulance and the next few hours go in a blur. I hop into the ambulance with Caleb, not before informing the police I will be at the hospital with Caleb incase they need me. When he gets into the hospital, and all hooked up. His heart stops. I cry out for Caleb to come back as nurses pull me out of the room while they try to bring him back to life.

I sit with my head inbetween my hands in the waiting room. I don't know how long I sit like that for. I hear loud footsteps come in my direction. I lift my head. Doctor Mullins. "Miss Prior, we tried everything we could, but your brother, Caleb, is dead. I'm sorry. He lost too much blood." I felt like someone had destroyed my life and me, well they have. "Can I say goodbye?" I ask. He nods.

I rush into the room as soon as he does. He's pale, cold and lifeless. Dead. I step towards him-his body, and the nurses give me some privacy. Me and my brothers dead body in this cold hospital room. "Caleb, I'm sorry" I feel tears run down my cheeks, like a never ending river, "I swear I will find who did this and kill them. Caleb I'm so so sorry that I couldn't save you" I continue.

I get up and kiss his cheek, that isn't injured and walk out, with a new goal. Find and kill those responsible no matter what the cost, even if it's my life because I have nothing now.

___________^-^___________

I'm sorry I hadn't updated in a while.

I'm actually really proud of this chapter.

Follow my divergent/thg/tfios Instagram account, @arenaofinitiates