Chapter 12

Welcome to the FBI - Divergent

TRIS POV

The alarm cuts through my dream. I was dreaming I was with my parents, or they were with me. I'm not sure who was with who. Wether I was dead or alive and so were they. But then I woke up to the reality. I get up and get changed into a tank top and sweatpants and go for a run. Today I did two blocks. Tomorrow I'll change direction and distance.

When I get back I take a shower. I have cold water on for a minute then turn to hot. The cold to wake me up. Even though I ran, I was only half awake. I get dressed in a loose black short sleeved shirt, blue boot leg jeans and my black work boots. I make sure I'm wearing my locket as I put my hair up in a ponytail.

I decide to eat the leftover stirfry for breakfast. It would go off otherwise and I can't be stuffed getting anything else. I take off my bandage and see the tattoo has completely healed. Thank god for that cream, because it's no longer red. Now that the redness is gone, I really get to see the beauty. I look at myself in the mirror. I look so different to that quiet Chicago Beatrice. Well I'm the one that wanted a change.

I slip my gun in the inside of the waistband of my jeans at the back and go brush my teeth. It's 8:30am. Work starts at 9. I deem myself presentable. I grab my cross shoulder bag that has a backup gun, my badge and FBI ID, my wallet and keys. Supposedly I'm getting a laptop for reports which I can bring home to do reports so I made sure I got a big enough bag before I got to Los Angeles to be able to carry all.

I walk down the stairs and to my car. I jump in the drivers seat and put my bag in the passenger seat. I drive to work, again different route, to the sounds of Imagine Dragons. I pull into my spot which is unmarked but it is my spot. I grab my bag and lock the car and walk into work. I see Zeke and Four at their desks, arguing while Uriah is on the phone speaking Portuguese.

I walk to my desk and say "morning". All the guys turn their attention to me. "Morning" they all say back then Fours eyes go to my wrist as I put my bag down, where my fresh tattoo sits. "That new?" He asks and Uriah and Zeke's eyes also go there. "Yeah" I answer. Just then, I hear a whistle. "That's Wills whistle. It means we got a case" Uriah tells me. Saved by the whistle.

We walk up to the room and it's amazing. It's geek heaven basically. 8 computers, a huge interactive table and a big interactive TV. I see Will and Al. "There was a shooting in the Los Angeles downtown area last night at 10pm. The man suffered multiple bullet wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene". Al says.

"Name of victim?" Zeke asks. A photo comes up on the screen. I recognise this man. My best friend. Robert. I thought he was dead. I step forward, with tears in my eyes. "Robert-" I cut Will off "Black". The guys look confused "I thought he was dead?" I continue. "He is supposed to be. Death certificate and burial site in Los Angeles". I sigh. "So let me guess, Susan and His mother and father aren't really dead either?"

I ask. Al looks at me startled. "Yes. Susan Black, Audrea Black and Matthew Black are all still alive. Footage of them yesterday finding the body". I step forward again as the footage plays. "Do you know where they live? I need to talk to them" I say. "No but we have tracked their cells. They have protection and blocked all numbers that have ever existed except for this unit" Will explains.

"But why?" Uriah asks. "They know I am here" I'm shocked. I was careful. "Where are the cells?" I ask Al. "Warehouse downtown. Location uploaded to your cells". I walk out and Four follows me after a minute. "Hey what was that about?" He asks. "Robert was my best friend in Chicago. They moved to Los Angeles but a month later they all had a car crash and died. I went to the funeral. I'm guessing his parents are FBI too" I say while checking my gun and grabbing my badge.

I start walking towards the car area. I see Four has stopped and isn't following me anymore. "You coming or what partner?" I ask. He just nods and catches up.

FOUR POV

Tris steps forward with a tear in her eye when the photo comes on screen of the man. Same age as Tris. "Robert-" Will starts but someone cuts him off, Tris. "Black". I'm confused. How does she know him?. "I thought he was dead" she says to Will. "He is supposed to be. Death certificate and burial site in Los Angeles" she sighs.

"So let me guess, Susan and his mother and father aren't really dead either?" She asks. "Yes Susan Black, Audrea Black and Matthew Black are all still alive. Footage of them yesterday finding the body". She steps forward again as the footage plays. I see the tears glistening over her eyes.

"Do you know where they live? I need to talk to them" she asks Al. "No but we have tracked their cells. They have protection and blocked all numbers that have ever existed except for this unit" I'm more confused now. I look around and see all the other guys as confused as I am. "But why?" Uriah cuts in. "They know I am here" We all stare at her in shock. "Where are the cells?" Tris continues.

"Warehouse downtown. Location uploaded to your cells" and she walks out. We all look at will for help. "By high school records, Tris and Robert went to high school together" that's all I hear so I walk out and catch up with her. Were they a couple back then? "Hey what was that about" I ask her, concerned.

"Robert was my best friend in Chicago. They moved to Los Angeles but a month later they all had a car crash and died. I went to the funeral. I'm guessing his parents are FBI too" she says checking her gun and grabbing her badge. She walks to the door but turns when she realises I'm not following her. "You coming or what partner?" She asks. I just nod and catch up with her.

________________^-^________________

Your probably like really they find the killer early.

But this is gonna go on for a while.

People think it's disgusting that you eat leftover takeaway for breakfast. Just saying I eat dominos pizza in the morning (if I've had takeaway that night because I don't normally eat breakfast) after it's been in the fridge. Yummy (yeah I know it sounds disgusting but cold pizza is actually really nice)

I know it's like a little annoying that it repeats but I thought you guys would want to see it from Fours POV. See how he sees and assesses the situation and how bloody confused he is.

Instagram: @arenaofinitiates (I have 711 haha for the win)