A Chance Taken

Comincia dall'inizio

“Kailani!” Willem said as he quickly came to her side. “That’s why I told you not to touch the bars,” he said. “Lerato, get me the first aid kit.”

“If you hadn’t electrified the bars…”

“I had to or Ford could get out,” Willem said. Kailani went to take back her hand but he kept a firm grasp on her wrist. “You can be so stubborn.”

“You hurt my guardian and took me prisoner you really think I’ll just roll over?” Kailani snapped.

“This isn’t the way I wanted it,” Hades’ son told her.

“Here,” Lerato said and opened up a medical kit.

“Water will heal her instantly,” Ford reminded them.

“We can’t let her near water or they’ll find her,” Lerato said knowingly. “You know it too,” he added glaring at the girl’s guardian.

“I guess I know where I stand,” Kailani said watching Willem put burn cream on her hand and start to wrap her hand. Willem stopped and looked up at her. “You really will do anything to win.”

“You’ll understand in time,” The blonde demigod replied.

“I understand now,” She replied. “You’ll do what you have to and so will I.”

“You don’t understand how important this war is,” Willem said securing the bandage and allowing Kailani to take her hand from him. “The winner has the power to change everything Kailani.”

“That may be but is it worth it if you lose yourself in the process?” Kailani challenged. “Trying to win is fine but winning at any cost will cost you in the end. Thank you.” Kailani stepped away from Hades son and looked at Ford. “Are you okay?”

“As long as you don’t touch the bars again,” he replied. Kailani gave him a playful glare and he couldn’t stop a smile from forming. “I don’t know how you do it.” Ford was well aware of how much pain the bars could inflict. He knew Kailani was fighting the pain she felt. Unlike him she wouldn’t heal as quickly. Water would help her but her source of power was being denied. He didn’t know how the teenager could possibly be playful when he knew she was in pain.

“Willem, just so we’re clear, when I get out of here I am going to hurt you for letting her feel pain needlessly,” The guardian warned glaring at Hades son.

“Yeah well you’re going to have to get out first now aren’t you?” Necia retorted.

“You don’t think someone will get me out of here eventually?” Ford questioned.

“No one even knows I’m with them,” Dover said smugly.

Kailani gave Ford a bare wink and began slowly making her way away from the group. She almost laughed at how fast the group began to argue with her guardian forgetting her altogether.